"Which Program is the Best" Traktor, Ableton or SSL? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
    Do you have experience with rewiring it to Ableton?
    No... in fact I've tried many times to use Live for production, but I prefer Logic, Cubase, or Sonar...

Tech Guru

great little write up. You brought up the whole "if you feel like you are cheating in ableton, you are not doing right" which was one of my major issues with a recent Carl Cox interview (basically he said it felt like cheating).

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I know a guy that uses Ableton and hes more than happy to tell people hes cheating.
    He doesnt even cue stuff up, The headphones are for show.
    Hes using it right cus thats what he wants to do. He doesnt care.

I understand the point though. You gotta push yourself and the sofware or you may feel that you arent doing enough.

Tech Guru

i mean, I'll be honest, I *could* mix in traktor without headphone cuing, but I use them to make sure i'm doing my best (and to make sure I'm not fucking up haha)

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I do it all the time.
    The Phase Meter can be the cheaters tool...hahaha

4 beat Loop at the start of the next track. Sync it, and fade it in. All done with a beer in the other hand !!!

No one here mentions what was maybe the main reason to move from Ableton to Traktor for me: THE SOUND.
    Ableton sounds like shit despite being a DAW and Traktor sounds great if you compare it to other djing apps like Virtual DJ or Torq which look and sound like toys, I also tried the demo of Itch and coudn't beat Traktor although didn't sound bad.

Now start throwing tomatos at me!
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by pepehouse View Post
    No one here mentions what was maybe the main reason to move from Ableton to Traktor for me: THE SOUND.
    Ableton sounds like shit despite being a DAW and Traktor sounds great if you compare it to other djing apps like Virtual DJ or Torq which look and sound like toys, I also tried the demo of Itch and coudn't beat Traktor although didn't sound bad.

Now start throwing tomatos at me!
    you mean the summing bus, the EQ, the mp3 decoder, or what?

Tech Mentor

Maybe you haven't got into Ableton that well, as you can quite easily change the sound with warmers and stuff, and you can even easily make everything sound like Benny Benassi if that's your thing.

I admit I like how Traktor sounds by default as well. Ableton requires a lot of tweaking in general, but on the flips side of the coin you can really make your own sound.
    @Twumpy

Quote Originally Posted by pier View Post
    you mean the summing bus, the EQ, the mp3 decoder, or what?
    I mean the sound in general, just playing tracks there.
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

the ableton forums are filled with people that diss the sound of it. ive used itch, ableton, and traktor and i think it sounds fine. i'm not sure what the whole sound quality thing is all about, but some people (with sound engineer degrees) have just said its just people repeating shit. but, again, i'm not really an expert. it works fine with me...and daft punk...and justice...and surkin...lol

just had to throw that last bit in there =DDDD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast