anyone else using/used both traktor and serato? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Have both, prefer Traktor.
    Stability, have had a prob with MIDI Bridge and TouchOSC with Traktor, but I wasn't using it as an integral part of the setup. So when not using that, it runs great. I prefer the customisation, and the flexibility of Traktor over Serato.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Mentor

I currently run Traktor Scratch // Rekordbox media, but I'm thinking of unlocking my DJM-850 to utilize with Serato DJ. I am going to try it out!!!!
    Jackal Jyve // New York City // @JackalJyve // www.JackalJyve.com

I have spent a lot of time on both and from a controller perspective I see them being very similar with one main difference. Traktor tends to display A LOT more information on the screen than Serato. When I tutor people looking to get into DJing I first ask them if they like having tons of data in their face or if they would like a more simple and clean display.

I have heard that Traktor offers better latency when it comes to DVS control. I will also give Traktor credit for both remix decks and mixing stems. I do notice that Traktor tends to be more innovative in their software design than Serato is.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific808 View Post
    I have spent a lot of time on both and from a controller perspective I see them being very similar with one main difference. Traktor tends to display A LOT more information on the screen than Serato. When I tutor people looking to get into DJing I first ask them if they like having tons of data in their face or if they would like a more simple and clean display.

I have heard that Traktor offers better latency when it comes to DVS control. I will also give Traktor credit for both remix decks and mixing stems. I do notice that Traktor tends to be more innovative in their software design than Serato is.
    The thing is, pretty much everything on screen can be toggled in Traktor. That, to me, is so much more attractive. I'm a tinkerer, though.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Default DVS/Mixing

I use both, and I like both for different reasons and uses. I have a DVS setup (Mixars Duo/2 Denon DN-s3700's) that i use for scratching, hip-hop, trip-hop stuff. For this I'm obviously using Serato. I love it, and also with the new beta, i can mix house with ease as well with a pair of my buddy's CDJ 850k's. Most of the time, however, my buddy and i spin as a duo, and use his setup on traktor, with a Z2 and his aforementioned CDJ's. Both are great for their own reasons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12