Rekordbox Security - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Just dont lose your devices man.

But on another note, instead of trying to encrypt the data, you should be write locking. It will allow you to use the data on the USBs as read only, but will keep any "average" user from copying the data if you lose the drive.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Did I really read some wining DJs here saying "Collecting Music is a Hard Work"???

Hey Guys...Collecting the Music isn't a "Hard Work" it is just part of the Dj-Job and if you do not take more Attention on your sticks, so that you Forget them somewhere, well you not necessarly deserve anything other than someone steeling your Sound.

Stop crying around and asking Pioneer (and other brands) for stuff that isn't a Need of the market.

Do you guys realise that not the components to build a CDJ makes them so expensive but all those Helpdesk nonsense Requests that have to be cross-financed by the companies with their Sales???

I have more and more respect for the guys who started in the 80's with only 2 Turntables and a 2 Channel Mixer when I see what Kind of Details and nonsense my DJ-colleagues are asking for.

Do you pay for your music? Hope you do. Can I have your 4 TB hard drive copied for free?
    Last edited by electroshock; 01-30-2017 at 09:11 AM.

I was very curious about this too.

I would love it if I could find a way to password encrypt my USBs so some idiot doesn't steal my music.

My best suggestion is to only load a limited number of tracks on the USB -- that way you're only at risk of having a small portion of your collection stolen if you do lose your USB/it gets stolen.
    Aaron Benjamin
    soundcloud.com/djaaronbenjamin
    facebook.com/djaaronbenjamin

Tokyo/Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Nawlins View Post
    Did I really read some wining DJs here saying "Collecting Music is a Hard Work"???

Hey Guys...Collecting the Music isn't a "Hard Work" it is just part of the Dj-Job and if you do not take more Attention on your sticks, so that you Forget them somewhere, well you not necessarly deserve anything other than someone steeling your Sound.

Stop crying around and asking Pioneer (and other brands) for stuff that isn't a Need of the market.

Do you guys realise that not the components to build a CDJ makes them so expensive but all those Helpdesk nonsense Requests that have to be cross-financed by the companies with their Sales???

I have more and more respect for the guys who started in the 80's with only 2 Turntables and a 2 Channel Mixer when I see what Kind of Details and nonsense my DJ-colleagues are asking for.
    I don't know what you are getting at. You torrent your music, so of course it's not going to be hard work for you. Plus aren't you an open format DJ? No hard work downloading those Michael Jackson or Prince tracks.

There are alot of us that take pride in not sounding like every other monkey out there. To do that it takes alot of time and effort to find tracks that fit your style and sound.

You have a terrible view of the modern DJ world.
    Last edited by keithace; 01-30-2017 at 04:23 AM.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Hey guys, settle down. Both sides have good arguments and just because you are right in some points it doesn't mean the other side is wrong.

I personally feel this is similar to that topic we had about releasing track playlists for our mixes. There, the majority of users came to the conclusion that, if you are so dependent on your tracks remaining a secret, you are not so much a great DJ and I agree with that. but, there are SOME genres/specific private edits where discography is limited and hard to come by.

If you give the same USB stick to 5 different DJs some of them will still be bad and some will be good. Good tracks still need to be played at the right time & place.

Your tracks ARE valuable because you either paid them, spend a good amount of time searching for them, analyzing them or editing tags. But I personally don't think they make you (or any other person who obtains them) a DJ.

Encrypted DJ software databases would bring SO MUCH problems I shiver just thinking about it.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    I don't know what you are getting at. You torrent your music, so of course it's not going to be hard work for you. Plus aren't you an open format DJ? No hard work downloading those Michael Jackson or Prince tracks.

There are alot of us that take pride in not sounding like every other monkey out there. To do that it takes alot of time and effort to find tracks that fit your style and sound.

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post

#1 I do not torrent my Music, I buy 95% of my Music legally, there are only the Special Remixes which are not available in any shop that i will grab. (and NO not all good remixes are for sale) and btw...most of the time I own the original Song on a legal way so the Artist got his Money.

#2 Do you really mean what you just said??? Open Format DJs got it easyer than those "Specialized" in a certain genre??? Are you kidding me??? We have to dig in every Genre to find new Releases YOU just have to Focus at only 1 genre so who's got it easyer???

#3 If you think all open Format DJs Sound like "every other monkey out there" then you never heard a talented 1...Me for example not even use Playlists, everything is "On the Go" and a Freestyle Experience, not 2 of my sets are exactly the same...and I do not even consider myself Talented but only passionate.

#4 I make this Statement again: Collecting Music is part of the DJ Job and way easyer now with the Internet. It's always been a Part of the Job but never DJs complained that much about it.

SlayForMoney brings it to a Point: Not the Songs are making the DJ but what he makes out of it and one Thing is sure "You can't save those faculties on a stick".

Not 100%, but the songs do make the dj, he selected them, the dj selection is the basis for everything further.

#4 I make this Statement again: Collecting Music is part of the DJ Job and way easyer now with the Internet. It's always been a Part of the Job but never DJs complained that much about it.
    Curation is still hard work, no matter what genre or format you DJ. Just because it's "part of the job" doesn't mean the effort into collecting tracks should be considered easy. DJs still have to take the time to prep USB drives and make a choice on what songs go into the drive.

How is this any different than someone putting a small lock on a CD booklet full of burned CDs? You might think it's a little silly and not useful yourself, but why take a dump on someone else for wanting a little bit of extra security?

#1 I do not torrent my Music, I buy 95% of my Music legally, there are only the Special Remixes which are not available in any shop that i will grab. (and NO not all good remixes are for sale) and btw...most of the time I own the original Song on a legal way so the Artist got his Money.

#2 Do you really mean what you just said??? Open Format DJs got it easyer than those "Specialized" in a certain genre??? Are you kidding me??? We have to dig in every Genre to find new Releases YOU just have to Focus at only 1 genre so who's got it easyer???

#3 If you think all open Format DJs Sound like "every other monkey out there" then you never heard a talented 1...Me for example not even use Playlists, everything is "On the Go" and a Freestyle Experience, not 2 of my sets are exactly the same...and I do not even consider myself Talented but only passionate.

SlayForMoney brings it to a Point: Not the Songs are making the DJ but what he makes out of it and one Thing is sure "You can't save those faculties on a stick".

#1: check your past posts. You are a proud torrentor.

#2: we can argue this one all day long

#3: I never said that about open format DJs. No playlists?!?!?! We let me bow down /sarcasm

#4: Once again in your zeal to argue with people you miss the point that no one is complaining about digging for music. They want a way to protect the time and effort put into their tracks. Which includes personal edits and promos.

You sound like a crabby old man. The bad part is that I am older than you.
    Last edited by keithace; 01-30-2017 at 01:18 PM.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast