Denon MC3000 custom mapping available - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thanks. And thanks for the vid (no sound?) on beat monitoring though it's gonna take me a while to figure out what I'm seeing. I took a quick look at the forum post in the vid, but I gotta read that a few more times til it starts making sense too.

Nice super knobs - I get where you're coming from.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Yeah, only a beat position. Thought there's no need for any audio since LED's tell it all. Basically you want to start modifier to toggle on every beat and that gives you engine for modifier loop. In video I showed four beat count but that's only the matter how many modifiers do you line up before reset to first beat.

first beat M1=1
    second beat M1=2
    third beat M1=3
    fourth beat M1=4

You can also call it "four bank loop". Imagine you are creating routine on midifighter and set your banks to automatically switch between each other giving you different set of hotcues and pre-FX to jam with out needing to manually switch every time. You can notice that I mapped another button to mode on/off to make it more optional. This is some simple automation, to get by till traktor can offer all of this under a hud one day... And more modifiers

Yeah that's a nice idea. Any perfomance videos around?

No, well just one but it ain't nothing to do with using this concept anyway. I use it mainly for beat monitoring but it is all about how creative somebody can be to explore how many new features can be invented this way.

Video of some of the mapping features:

Vid of Smart FX and Smart Buttons:

You got the grid toggling modifier. Nice

Yeah I think that's the button on the hardware that changes the midi note value. Genius idea from Denon. By the way did you notice I changed the name from Super to Smart?

Man i wish someone made such awesome mapping for the Denon's sc2000
    looks great raycotek

You did a good thing, Super knob is a bit more smart. How I managed to have it on my bcd is by using one or two modifiers regard to how much control do I need and that's only the base. From there I can give on/off modifier condition to other fader FX for example.

Half of the knob is M1=0 and from middle and to end of second half of knob is M1=7. That gives you two different modifier conditions to combine with commands you wanna map to that knob in effective way.

Modifier value goes to 7 exactly in the center decent so that means you don't have off state in one direction but in other have - M1=0. Here comes other modifier that must be mapped inverted in regard to first one.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast