Latest project "Custom M3D Dicer Edition" - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

I have thought about it in general, but seeing that most controllers I am familiar with would require much more room I didn't entertain the ideas very long. Also, I can't think of any practical ideas which aren't covered in the dicer layout. Buttons on the side are out of the question, and DVS only allows for so many controls anyway. I am open to ideas if you have any.

One idea I've had for a bit now is to put a triangular pattern of 15 buttons where I am locating the dicers now. The pattern would look similar to this:

o
    o o
    o o o
    o o o o
    o o o o o

The thing I like about this pattern is I could make it to suit the customers needs interchanging Pots, Momentary contacts buttons, or double throw buttons, or even toggles.

Adding the usb out would be easy enough but I couldn't find any multicolored buttons small enough, and I don't think I want to mess with adding an led for each.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

This is fantastic.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

I don't know why this wasn't thought of earlier to be honest...great work.

Tech Guru

I can't take credit for the idea. I saw a link on djforums where this cat JR did a horrifically ugly custom set for someone and built the Dicers in. It looked like garbage and had a wooden deck plate. Looked like he was going for a retro look but didn't marry the technology with the overall look.
    I said to myself, I can do that and make it look fucking unbelievable. When done the decks will be painted white with a blue pearl finish and the standard blue LEDs.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Tech Guru

Jus sayin

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    Jus sayin

Just saying what? I said its been done before. What is your point? Go troll someone else's thread ass-hat.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djlotus View Post
    Just saying what? I said its been done before. What is your point? Go troll someone else's thread ass-hat.
    Settle down there. Just posting a pic of someone (Jazzy Jeff) that has this mod and its not a crap job (like the guy you got the idea from). No need to act like a little girl
    Last edited by manchild; 04-28-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Tech Guru

I guess I am good company.

Troll

Slow down guys, this is one of the fewer forms where the people are still nice with each other, let's keep this this way.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    Slow down guys, this is one of the fewer forms where the people are still nice with each other, let's keep this this way.
    This. Please tone it down.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast