DJTT Midimap Website Beta - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DJTT John View Post
    This is definitely the plan. We just haven't got there yet.
    cool sure. hit me up if u want. as i said i did write some code for a clients website to integrate with vbulletin a few years ago. i'm sure i have the code lying around somewhere.

what would be very cool tho is to be able to 'auto login' users, which would be easy once the above is done.

1) users clicks on login page
    2) login code checks login status and if not logged in 302's to a script on forum.djtechtools.com
    3) script on forum.djtechtools.com (bloody cookie domains ) checks the login and then 302's back to the original page either with an auth token to log them in, or to just display the login page

to the user this would all happen transparently. they'd just automatically be logged into your site if they were already logged into the forum.

edit: i've recently used this method for a sponsor who provides white labels to affiliates so users can login to their white label sites using the sponsors main user info. perl not php (which i presume u are using) but same theory applies.

edit: if i can help in any way feel free to email me as zestoi at djism or djism at zestoi
    Last edited by zestoi; 04-08-2012 at 05:58 PM.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If I change the version number from the default 0.1.0 to a 1.0.0 will the next upload follow my version naming? I'll read through the discussion you guys are having and give more thoughts on this later, but I will say I don't initially like the idea of not having the discussion about mappings on the forum. I can see where that might be a good thing though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I changed my avatar on Friday I think and the new mapping site used my old avatar when I signed up today.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

i havent created an acct to see the upload mapping page, but surely the initial default version is 0.0.1? everyone seems to have different interpretations tho of how to use version numbers - which is why i don't really like them very much.

when i do use them i use x.y.za as:

* x = uber major version (almost never is anything apart from 0 for initial dev work and 1 for a release)
    * y = major version (may change very few months when big functionality changes)
    * z = small updates or bug fixes
    * a = beta prerelease

so a typical version string i may use is 1.2.26c for the 3rd release candidate of 1.2.26

problem is what decides changing the major version number or not - so i rarely do and only a total rewrite (or near enough) would make me consider releasing a 2.y.z of anything

hence why i just use dates for midimasher like midimasher-20120402

plus i use 'git' for almost all my version control these days which doesnt have an actual version number for commits.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I changed my avatar on Friday I think and the new mapping site used my old avatar when I signed up today.
    probably as it's still beta? it should have at least read only access to the vbulletin database i guess?

i've signed up but not actually uploaded a mapping (as don't have one to add at this time) and have a couple more questions:

* i see the option to upload an image - i presume its not a limit of just one?
    * is it easy to embed the images within the actual text so u can add descriptions like u can on the forum? (i will need at least 4 or 5 images with descriptions for each when i post my midimasher launchpad map)
    * how do i select more than one controller? the map i will want to upload (F1 emulation for traktor 2.5) will be for launchpad+nanokontrol but it will also work (with a minor edit) on something like an apc40

can we have some more editor controls? i see you're using something from yahoo - not sure what other controls u can add but would def need to be able to embed a link (unless hrefs are automatically converted wiki style?) and indents etc.

the actual editor area is also kind of small - ideal for a small description but not so great if needing to really add some big explanations - tho cant get to see what might be on the next page without anything to upload ofc.

edit: could be these issues won't affect anyone else so wouldn't make sense to add anyway - just mentioning things as i think of them
    Last edited by zestoi; 04-08-2012 at 06:44 PM.

DJTT San Fran HQ Admin

If I change the version number from the default 0.1.0 to a 1.0.0 will the next upload follow my version naming? I'll read through the discussion you guys are having and give more thoughts on this later, but I will say I don't initially like the idea of not having the discussion about mappings on the forum. I can see where that might be a good thing though.
    If your latest version number is 1.0.0 the next automatically generated version number is 1.1.0. Basically we just increment the y in the x.y.x convention.

DJTT San Fran HQ Admin

When you sign up it does a one time sync. It won't sync again after that. We are working on the single sign in feature.

If your latest version number is 1.0.0 the next automatically generated version number is 1.1.0. Basically we just increment the y in the x.y.x convention.
    would make more sense probably (automatically) to increment the z in x.y.z? with ofc the option for the user to change what they actually want to

When you sign up it does a one time sync. It won't sync again after that. We are working on the single sign in feature.
    should be possible to just read from the forum db each time and hotlink to the current image instead of copying.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast