kontrol x1 or... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

use the launchpad with the instant grat fx somebody made in the mapping forum, i use my launchpad waaaay more than my x1

Tech Mentor

my setup is a hercules rmx, and i want to add a pad controller, and utilize abelton instead of "dj" software.
    abelton live will allow endless creative possibilities, instead of mixing two songs together.
    downside is it is looks really intimidating, but im getting used to it

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by buddha131 View Post
    my setup is a hercules rmx, and i want to add a pad controller, and utilize abelton instead of "dj" software.
    abelton live will allow endless creative possibilities, instead of mixing two songs together.
    @Buddha131

Dude im hating the hercules right now. That's what im using now and have been for the past month and a half. Sucks, I can't wait till my preordered s2 comes out.
    15 inch macbook pro - Traktor Kontrol S2 - Stanton T-60's - Traktor Audio 10
    I'm Dj Kave Check me out : )
    Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/djkave
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/djkavex Fan Page : )

Quote Originally Posted by buddha131 View Post
    they're very very different animals. with traktor u can be more spontaneous with what u do - with ableton live you can come up with live remixes of your own stuff if you can chop it into its component parts first etc.

personally i like them both. they sync together nicely-ish
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Kave View Post
    @Buddha131

Dude im hating the hercules right now. That's what im using now and have been for the past month and a half. Sucks, I can't wait till my preordered s2 comes out.
    i have an old mk2 that is the first dj-ish controller i bought. it's ok for effects. the buttons suck, the jogs are sluggish but fine if u *dont* want them for cue'ing, the pots are ok but the faders aren't. ok - cant think of too many good things about it but it was cheap and hasn't really lost any value plus i'm sure any other hercules is better than the mk2 (except the mk1 ofc )
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

X1 ftw.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Been out of power for a few days! This thread grew fast.

So I already have TP2 otherwise I would have jumped on that aug/sep givaway over at NI! I'm pretty happy with the size of the buttons on the LP - they're exactly the same distance apart as white piano keys (if anyone hadn't noticed) If the x1 would replace my LP, I think I'd rather go with the LP+M-Audio X-Sessions mixer and map the 5 faders to fx levels.

It would be like having 4 midifighter pros in 2 units for under $200 usd. I don't think I'm gonna complain about that. I can't throw them off any buildings, but for 200 I think that's a fair trade :-)

Thoughts? Please discuss!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12