Itch is so close to being awesome! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

traktor and itch are quite different software with various pros and cons. People should just use what is best suited to there requirements. I see lots of people buying itch hardware and complaining because they expected bridge, video or midi mapping. Buy to what you require not what you think the future will hold. Anyway itch is still young and who knows what the future holds for it.
    peace
    www.elliotgrainger.com

vci 300 mk2
    13in mbp

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elliotg View Post
    traktor and itch are quite different software with various pros and cons. People should just use what is best suited to there requirements. I see lots of people buying itch hardware and complaining because they expected bridge, video or midi mapping. Buy to what you require not what you think the future will hold. Anyway itch is still young and who knows what the future holds for it.
    peace
    Very well put from the dude from New Zeland

I think Itch is awesome the way it is, and just keeps getting better.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

I was verryyyy tempted to pick up a Ns6 or twitch over my S4 (it's 2 days old ). I love what serato is doing with itch and I can't wait to see the next gen. controllers with Itch 2.0.

i'm super stoked to be home in 48 hrs and try out Itch 2.0 on my new Xone Dx that's waiting for me!

Tech Mentor

As a preface: I was an ITCH user from the moment the VCI-300 was available, and used several ITCH controllers up until a few months ago.

That said... ITCH is miles behind Traktor, even with their latest "update". Fact is, that 2.0 was supposed to be out a year ago, and the latest release should have the Bridge and other features that SSL has had for some time now. Serato is obviously more interested in developing SSL, and they have indicated that ITCH isn't a priority.

Their release of 2.0 is an incredibly weak effort. What could possibly take so long to implement in that update? People have been begging them for specific features over the last 2 years, and all they have been able to come up with is a sampler that SSL has had for a few years, and some new colors. Want video and the bridge? Expect another year or two for them to "get around to it".
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

The whole point of itch is to stop wasting time with mappings, if you want mapping go with traktor.

Frankly I only see 1 point to giving a shit about mapping - youre fucking broke and want to use some cheapy controller. With a numark v7 or any of the itch controllers really what would you want to map that doesn't already have a control for it?

I dont get how itch is "miles behind traktor", it was meant to be a simple solution with controllers spanning multiple core audiences. The majority of what I'm seeing from "advanced traktor users" is just lame ass gratuitous use of beat masher and delay. Congrats on being a ponce

I wonder if ITCH will one day have full midi flexibility. You gotta wonder if they aren't already trying to merge serato SSL and ITCH into one formidable piece of software with midi flexibility.
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was in the works

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    Frankly I only see 1 point to giving a shit about mapping - youre fucking broke and want to use some cheapy controller. With a numark v7 or any of the itch controllers really what would you want to map that doesn't already have a control for it?
    Customization, expanded functionality, etc. The way a manufacturer maps a device ain't always the best. Of course, not everyone wants/needs or cares about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jprime View Post
    I wonder if ITCH will one day have full midi flexibility. You gotta wonder if they aren't already trying to merge serato SSL and ITCH into one formidable piece of software with midi flexibility.
    doesn't that... kill the point of Itch?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jprime View Post
    I'm sure the Rane issue having the licences to SSL and then throwing in Itch with Vestax, A&H, Pioneer, Numark, etc. is the issue.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast