Kontrol S4 Super Effects Mapping - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

post video please) how it work
    MBP 13'' + Traktor Kontrol S4 + Novation Soft Bag 25
    Moscow, Russia

Tech Guru

I'll try and work out a video soon. Do any of you have a recommendation on video recording software for windows?
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Fraps? but that's 30€ roughly and the demo version isn't really worth trying (only 30 seconds, watermarked).
    Camstudio but the rate of images per second is awful.
    I'm looking for one too so any suggestion will be appreciated twice ^^.

Tech Guru

^^Thanks Yul!^^
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Wizard

Wooot !!!! ^^

Nice mapping ^^

The fact to control 5 parameters with 1 knob is really interesting ^^

I will test it more, and try to give my opinion on it ^^

By the way, I think that associate knob loop recorder + button with this mapping should be transform the S4 on a very cool controler ^^
    And no need an external hardware to have all function who we need ... like a MF ^^

I have bought the S4 for that, I don't want to have multiple controllers on my bag...

So let's go !

One more time : realy good job ^^
    Last edited by lol4k; 06-17-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Yo Beatz!
    Nice to see you back!

Is this essentially a follow-up mapping to the Superknob?

I'll give this a try as soon as possible, although I would love to see what you are personally doing with it through a video.

Tech Guru

This one is a bit different. Basically each knob section is mapped to it's deck. Right now it only works on A & B.

Tech Convert

nvm...
    Last edited by Sayo; 06-25-2011 at 07:31 AM. Reason: uber question

Tech Guru

works great after a short few hours of testing.

I have a small suggestion, which you may like or not, but is worth to share IMO: Did a nice test with temporary switching of units 1 and/or 2 to advanced mode and then back to the chained preset. That makes sense for me as this gives me the additional options to play with both the combos and also with some custom adv. FX on the fly. It works, but the mapping is not handling it in the most proper way. Once unit 1/2 is switched to adv, the control for the unit is handled properly, but the mapping is still driving the respective commands on units 3&4.

Do you think it's possible (and makes sense) to improve the mapping to handle the situation of unit 1/2 being set in Advanced mode? The mapping is not using the 2nd condition, so it could be used for this condition. However, since both units 1&2 are in use in the combos, it's not straight forward to examine the mode of just one of the FX units - it has to be made with a more complex condition. I guess it would need a dedicated modifier/state, and this complex state could probably be set on the event of FX mode button press.

I'm a beginner with mappings and I'm not really sure if my concept isn't all wrong. Firstly, there will definitely be an issue with the all 8th modifiers being used in the v1 of the mapping. This may or may not be solvable, idk ...

Thinking of it more, I would also be fine if I just have a shortcut to switch off the combo mapping with e.g. Shift+Shift or so ...

What do you think? Does it make sense? Would you help me digging into this?

Tech Guru

I agree with you loop...I'm going to work on the mapping later this week. What i'd like to do is make a modifier that turns on/off the combo states. My only issue was the amount of modifiers I used in the mapping. Remember we are also limited due to the controller itself. By default it turns the top knobs while in layer a/b and the bottom knobs in c/d.

It's not a perfect situation yet but i could be very useful once it's mapped correctly.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast