EQ Knobs - Is there something like an acceleration option in Traktor Pro? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

OK guys, I'm really grateful for your efforts to help me, but please take your time to actually understand what I'm saying, I really don't think my English is that bad. Again - the problem is in the relatively cheap hardware - the slightest rotation out of the 0% makes a change of +-10%, which is too much for me. Lets say I can rotate it 10mm to left and 10mm to the right, where every 1mm is 10%. What I'm asking is if I can add an acceleration to that, which would have the effect of the first 3mm making a change of only 10-15% (instead of 30%) and after that compensate for this so -100% hardware and -100% software meet up well. If hope you understand....

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Have you tried the suggestions or are you just reading them and assuming they won't work?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

There are no suggestions. They suggest I set it in direct mode which I, as stated have done. The other suggestion is relative mode which I said I've tried and explained exactly what happened.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I'm sorry if I'm not understanding exactly, but you can tell Traktor a knob with an ending point is an endless encoder. his will let you set the acceleration and sensitivity which I believe is what you want to do. I'm not 100% sure this will solve your problem though since you can't tell traktor to only apply these settings to a certain point in the knob rotation and then make everything work as normal after that point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VJ_5nBVA28

If this isn't what you're talking about I think it's what everybody thinks you're talking about which is why you keep getting the same suggestions. I don't have a mixtrack, but Traktor doesn't change what options the knob or button have available according to what controller you have hooked up. Actually if you know the CC note for the knob in question you could map this with no controller hooked up.

There should be higher resolutions of the video available that are easier to see once youtube finishes processing the video.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

My knob is exactly the same as the knob in traktor, meaning it ends at -100% (can't be rotated further) makes a click sound and feel on the 0% so you know it's 0% without looking and ends at +100%. So it's a regular knob. If you set this as a relative encoder it goes crazy, as far as I remember it was just jumping between -100% and +100% when rotating it. My problem is that this "click" sound at 0% is some contact plates in the knob itself sink in. The distance which you rotate it out of the spot where it has sinked is unsensitive (cheap hardware), meaning sensitivity comes back when you have rotated it completely out of there = -10%

I have remapped my Mixtrack almost by myself, have set double and tripple modifiers by myself and have adjusted rotary sensitivity on my fx encoders, faders and jog wheels. I really know and understand all the stuff you've suggested to me so far. I will run some tests at home (again) and will make a detailed video, including everything you have suggested and the result of it. This will cost a shitload of time since I'm unfamiliar with video software
    Last edited by Pencheff; 01-02-2011 at 02:51 PM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Pencheff View Post
    My knob is exactly the same as the knob in traktor, meaning it ends at -100% (can't be rotated further) makes a click sound and feel on the 0% so you know it's 0% without looking and ends at +100%. So it's a regular knob. If you set this as a relative encoder it goes crazy, as far as I remember it was just jumping between -100% and +100% when rotating it. My problem is that this "click" sound at 0% is some contact plates in the knob itself sink in. The distance which you rotate it out of the spot where it has sinked is unsensitive (cheap hardware), meaning sensitivity comes back when you have rotated it completely out of there = -10%

I have remapped my Mixtrack almost by myself, have set double and tripple modifiers by myself and have adjusted rotary sensitivity on my fx encoders, faders and jog wheels. I really know and understand all the stuff you've suggested to me so far. I will run some tests at home (again) and will make a detailed video, including everything you have suggested and the result of it. This will cost a shitload of time since I'm unfamiliar with video software
    Can you please share you mixtrack mapping? I'd be very grateful.

Set them to relative and put the accel and sensitivity super low like 5% and work your way up. I've experienced similar "go nuts" scenarios mapping scratch functions to my scs3s. You'll be surprised how much just a few % will make.

And if you can't get them to be fully functional to 100% have them work to that 60% value you were looking to convert your kills to and leave your kills alone. You could map themto any value you wanted though by setting them to mode button direct and then the value tab opens below enter desired value.

Tech Convert

Hi there mate, i've come across a similar problem to this when mapping my lpd8 to the eq knobs. The controls on the lpd8 are (like yours) actual rotary knobs with a start, end and 0-127 midi values. The way i got around it was to set the whole range of my knob to the bottom half of the eq knob in traktor, this gave me double sensitivity in the range i use and got rid of 0 to + 100% (which i never use anyway). Here are the mapping settings:

Interaction Mode: Direct
    Type of controller: Relative Fader / Knob

Rotary Sensitivity: 71%
    Rotary acceleration: 0%

This should help cover the big 15% or so jump around the zero mark as although it might still be in the travel, it will be further down the eq range and therefore less noticable.
    You could play about with the acceleration and see if it helps further but because you're not actually using a rotary encoder the bigger change in value because of a fast turn that the acceleration causes might put your knob out of sync with the position in traktor.

Hope this has answered your question.
    Fozz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12