Upgrade to Traktor S4 or CDJ's - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gryz View Post
    Do you really think that even if your music is sick and you draw a nice crowd, a club will turn you down for using a controller over their CDJs?
    There was a thread recently about promoters and club owners not allowing the use of controllers.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

The crowd can't see what instrument you're using to mix, and I know they don't give a crap. Why it's an issue is beyond me.

If I was a club owner and someone could make mix awesome music by slapping his d!ck against a wall, I'd let him.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    There was a thread recently about promoters and club owners not allowing the use of controllers.
    I dont get it?? Am i wrong to figure that it would be cheaper for the club to invest in a digital set up then forcing djs to have a cdj set up?

And maybe I am wrong, but it just seems the digital dj has a lot more "control" (for lack of a better word) then the cdj. A cdj is more of a producer that makes his gig at home before his actual set then a controller-ist is, no? and im not knockin on the cdj, but if i am right about the cdj being more of a producer, then a controller-ist is a performer and an "artist" more then a producer.

BIG props for producers, cause that stuff is VERY complicated!

Tech Wizard

how about numark ns7? it has 9-in vinyl.

^ not if u show them what u can do with it
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

A club I played at wont let me plug my audio4 in, they dont want anyone messing with their mixer/serato setup

^ a real dj should be able to play on any setup
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by farhanashraf View Post
    ^ a real dj should be able to play on any setup
    Do you really mean that statement ???

The way I see it, if the trend continues that all DJs will have their own setups, the days of expecting 1200's or CDJS will sooner or later end. As it is, I've walked into clubs that no longer have turntables.

It would be nice to have a standard the same way the 1200 dominated every single club around the world.... but with mfrs vying for a piece of that standards pie, I doubt we'll see that. With regard to the comment about "real DJ should be able to play on any setup", I think it already happens. The CDJ and DJM enjoy being the permanent install equipment for a lot of clubs... A LOT! But I don't think this implies that every DJ that can use them, actually own a pair. I haven't played more than 30mins (cumulatively) on CDJs, but I think I could hold my own if I needed to. (minus the nifty tricks and stuff)

having said that... if the S4 is everything it claims to be, then I'd love to see one in every club.... but I think Pioneer would have issue with that...and so goes the vicious cycle of next levelness... here we go again!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Do you really mean that statement ???
    u dont believe so?
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast