Drumstep. What do you think of it? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I wasn't really sure what the Drumstep genre entailed at first but after listening to a few songs above then yeah, I definitely like it. Dubstep with a boost of energy.

I especially like that Jogo - Berserk clip, song is nuts, love it!

posted this one about a month ago:

I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by jdog667jkt View Post
    ya i definitely like drumstep. the first tune i heard of drumstep was Hold On (feat. Amber Coffman) (Sub Focus Remix) by Rusko and it sent me on a little side journey down the halls of drumstep

tons of fun in my opinion

Same here, I really love the energy in drumstep
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5
    Behringer DJX 700
    Traktor Scratch Pro and Audio 8 DJ
    Novation Dicers
    http://soundcloud.com/anok-1

This is the song that introduced me to the idea, I've been getting into dubstep through the last year or so, and I'm really liking the OOMPH that the up-tempo sound adds... wobbles so fast my brain is meeeelllltttttiiinnnnggg

"One minute you're on top of the world, and the next some secretary is running you over with a lawnmower."
    Death Before Dishonor
    Drugs Before Lunch
    -Motto of Aspen Gun and Drug Club

Man, I don't know.
    To me, this drumstep thing is just another sub-sub-genre that gives producers an opportunity to jump on a trend and get rid of all those previously overused boring samples and really annoying wobble vowel basslines. You know, the stuff that the dubstep crowd got bored of and producers have no other use for anymore.

I have to admit that although I am a hardcore DnB fan since the early/mid 90s, I really don't like lots of the stuff that is being released these days. It kind of reminds me of the late 90s, early 2000s. That was another era when a lot of crap has been thrown on the market and one had to dig very, very hard to find a few good tracks that have a vibe, soul and maybe even make sense musically. Super-rad distorted wibbliwobblytalky basslines are not making bad tracks better. Well, whatever, as soon as DnB starts to get boring again for rock bands and failing dubstep producer wannabes, it's going to get better again, I guess.

Just my opinion, of course, people like what they like, but that doesn't mean I have to like it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob5000 View Post
    Man, I don't know.
    To me, this drumstep thing is just another sub-sub-genre that gives producers an opportunity to jump on a trend and get rid of all those previously overused boring samples and really annoying wobble vowel basslines. You know, the stuff that the dubstep crowd got bored of and producers have no other use for anymore.

I have to admit that although I am a hardcore DnB fan since the early/mid 90s, I really don't like lots of the stuff that is being released these days. It kind of reminds me of the late 90s, early 2000s. That was another era when a lot of crap has been thrown on the market and one had to dig very, very hard to find a few good tracks that have a vibe, soul and maybe even make sense musically. Super-rad distorted wibbliwobblytalky basslines are not making bad tracks better. Well, whatever, as soon as DnB starts to get boring again for rock bands and failing dubstep producer wannabes, it's going to get better again, I guess.

Just my opinion, of course, people like what they like, but that doesn't mean I have to like it, right?
    Exactly...

Im waiting for

kickstep
    snarestep
    bassstep

and definitely waiting for the miamibass cowbellstep

Once cowbellstep starts getting big, Ill be a happy when that gets a subgenre
    of glockenstep.

Im sure people will complain about wobbled cowbells, but no one will be able to deny the power and freq cutoff of that triangle waveform.
    Good times ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane View Post
    You can get it for free from Savoy, seem to be pretty good about giving their stuff away for free
    thanks for the tip, but where can i get them from?

EDIT: never mind, i got it
    Last edited by theory28; 09-19-2010 at 07:15 PM.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by djfrogstar View Post
    Exactly...

Im waiting for

kickstep
    snarestep
    bassstep

and definitely waiting for the miamibass cowbellstep

Once cowbellstep starts getting big, Ill be a happy when that gets a subgenre
    of glockenstep.

Im sure people will complain about wobbled cowbells, but no one will be able to deny the power and freq cutoff of that triangle waveform.
    Good times ahead
    This attitude really bothers the hell out of me.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    +1

If someone finds a way to get wobbly cowbells into a decent form of music then I'll give it at least 5 minutes of my time dude
    Dancing to good music should be like having sex with the air.

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-jarvis

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    You have something against cowbells?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast