Opening up the Numark Mixtrack. . . . - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Too bad there's no room for a sandwich compartment . Keep you sammich col while you DJ, that would be cool. : P

Quote Originally Posted by deviantdigi View Post
    Too bad there's no room for a sandwich compartment . Keep you sammich col while you DJ, that would be cool. : P
    But, I like my sammiches warm!

Tech Guru

Perhaps you can manage to mod a heating element on the jogwheel, just put your sandwich on there so the more you scratch the hotter your sammich gets. Great ideas always start in forums!

Tech Guru

the more i look at this thing, the more i think about the modding capabilities. it has a ton of LEDs. i'd love to see what the button pads look like under the tactile buttons to see how easy it would be to solder new ones.

the main thing for me is the durablity of the case. this looks and feels cheap but the brain is solid. i'd look into some other type of enclosure though it doesn't seem like it would lend itself well to one.

i'd probably keep the jog wheels, reposition the knobs, throw in a USB female like you said, arcade button the shit out of it... tough call though.

also, the Pro version has a built-in sound card and that would be cool to utilize.

@ToOntown
    I've looked at every plausible mod that could be done to this thing. The LED's may bring about some issues, but I don't see it being that big of a headache to replace those.

Arcade Mode - unless you want to made another case specifically for the arcade mode, somewhat plausible. The PCB for 1 side, like I mentioned, is one single PCB, the other is near replica of a VCi-100 (seperate PCB). The idea to add another PCB strip and just rewire the hell outta it for an arcade mod is very do-able. There's a TON of room to work with if yer going to wire new buttons in there, but the PCB limits the depth of those buttons.

If yer are going to do it, Keep ME posted. . .I found a guys selling a Mixtrack here in San Diego. . and I might just pick it up for the sake of modding!!

Tech Wizard

Hey I like that other people are exploiting the mixtrack as much as I am. I mean when i first got it i was like "wow this thing is cheap," but after some tactile add-ons, an extensive ean golden-like mapping, and some reworking, it is actually a solid controller. i DEFINITELY should have opted for the pro (built in sound card) but i really want to open this guy up and see what i can do on the insides. as DJWindzOne said....there isnt the possibility to add arcade buttons to both sides, which is too bad because the buttons on it are terrible.

great post.

Tech Wizard

Hi did you change the pitch sliders? Do you think this could improve the resolution of the pitch sliders?

Nope, the only way to improve the resolution would be to output a 14bit resolution signal instead of regular 7 bit MIDI.

One of the "only" way to do so, is to alter the Mixtrack firmware... I doubt Numark will do it and even if the built-in A/D converter go up to 14bits (assuming we're fussy). And, to me, it's certainely don't worth to invest in a second controller board to do the "Hi-Res Pitch" job...

Default Sorry guys. .

I've been so caught up with more and more gigs and being single (again), that I haven't even got to upgrading anything really. . .

@ Black Hombre
    The MixTrack Pro looks a lil easier, but can you tell if it is one PCB like the regular Mixtrack?

@Petegt
    KeeWee is right. You'd have to change the resolution internally. I don't see why not though. . .but then again, it is only $150 for a small controller.

Again. . sorry guys. . I just hope that I could get my small mods done. . but with a possible upcoming gig in Las Vegas (o_0) I've been real busy.

But anyone is up for the challenge, I know it's the people from DJTT. . . .
    It is an unknown fact that Mr. T is the original Black Power Ranger.

Tech Wizard

@theblackhombre

i totally will when i finish working out the bugs....and i will also make an instructional video on how i use it.

it basically give control over four effects banks, jog wheels as effects amounts, 3 shift buttons.......

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast