Any original mapping ideas? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just had the idea for "transpose feature" for traktor that could be added using a mapping trick. Here's the idea:

Pick two buttons.
    assign each to control the key knob for the desired deck.
    set one to inc and the other button to dec
    set the resolution for each to FINE

With each button press you will raise or lower the tracks key by one semitone. Thus, allowing you to transpose tracks to allow for more flexible harmonic mixing...if your into that sorta thing...

Default x1 midi fighter

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    any controller actually....just whanna se whats in ppls minds

can you make a mapping for the top half of the x1 to be normal but the bottom 4x4 buttons to be like the 4x4 system on the midifighter please and thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by vinny193 View Post
    can you make a mapping for the top half of the x1 to be normal but the bottom 4x4 buttons to be like the 4x4 system on the midifighter please and thankyou
    I'm actually working on an x1 mapping with fx presets, eq kills, post fader fx on off toggle and flux mode. I can add a few things like this and share it with you. Just a small amount of additional info is needed pm me and help me brainstorm how to incorporate it!
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

What about a Wii DJ Hero as a turntable?

as M Night Shyamalan says in Robot Chicken "UHWHAT A TWIST!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

How many of you guys are mixing four decks and don't like idea to be limited with ability to switch between decks 'A and C' at one side of controller and 'B and D' at other side? What to do if you want to control decks A and C at same time?

I come up with solution for this by mapping double deck focus that allows me to select any of four decks from both of sides of unit and good thing is that this principal can be applied to any four or two channel controller. In my case with bcd I'm using four effect dedicated LED buttons to indicate which of decks is currently selected using one shift button for left and other shift button for right side. So, holding shift temporarily disengages effect ON and jogwheel functions and leaves possibility to select any of decks from jogwheel regard to side. On release of shift button I'm automatically back to FX unit and jog works again but this time for deck that have been selected. It's a bit advanced feature but it's easy to get used to it

I'm currently working on Livid CNTRL:R double focus mapping for Traktor and I'll be sharing it on forum once it's completed.

Tech Wizard

neat

Dropping echo freeze on mid EQ and reverb freeze on high and low EQ frequency sounds pretty cool!

Btw, here is a double focus mapping thread I was on about ^

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=64614

Enjoy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12