Bought a kontrol x1 it might of been the wrong choice. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

yeah theyre cool but twice as expensive

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by hayden14 View Post
    yeah theyre cool but twice as expensive
    its a pair

yeah i realize but $150 for djtt dicers or 75 on ebay for the regular dicers so for twice as much i get prettier lights

Digital DJing is all about the pretty flashing lights. Without them, what would be the point?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Digital DJing is all about the pretty flashing lights. Without them, what would be the point?
    hahaha funny thing is joke or not a lot of people see it that way. when i sold my vci 300 and bought the s4 months back my friend goes this one doesnt look as cool in the dark ha cuz the vci had bright green and blue lights. but hey moved away from that all digital scene anyways

CDJ-2000s are among the flashiest gadgets out there.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I love my X1s, but I use them differently than you do…they're basically my only controller (I have 2 so I don't have to unpack my travel bag at home…no other reason).

For using them with turntables, they kinda make sense…ish. But the Dicers do seem a bit more suited to hip hop. Then again, I can't really see using many effects with hip hop…especially if you're scratching a lot of your tracks in. Seems like it would just degrade to a noisy mess very quickly.

I kinda feel the same way about the sample slots in TSP2 unless you're actually good enough to make a new beat live…at which point integrating Maschine (the app…using it just as a controller is stupid) or an MPC might suit you better.

Tech Mentor

first off, besides FX, hot cues, and loops, the great advantage of the x1 is browsing your playlist and loading decks without using the laptop!

Regarding Hip Hop and X1, have you seen the Craze vids? http://youtu.be/aCA4yiPfFIg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12