Numark 4trak mapping - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    Im thinking about buying a four trak. On a sidenote. Is it possible to have the jog wheel not light up when you touch it so that the track position is always visible on the platter? Also does the innofader fit inside just like it does on the serato version?
    When running Traktor and the native 4TRAK mapping there is no way to turn the platter LED off on touch. The only way to achieve this would be to remove the native 4TRAK mapping and map the entire unit yourself as a Generic MIDI device. I do not recommend this as I found through countless hours it is not possible to generically map track progression on the platter LED.

I do not believe that the innofader will work either as the mixer is not as deep as most standard 12" mixers. I was able to find a mod of someone who accomplished on NS6 but I have not personally tried it. The stock fade is very good as onetidd mentioned.
    Last edited by jhyphinwill; 07-10-2013 at 03:18 PM.
    MBP | TRAKTOR 2.6 | 4TRAK | ORBIT | LAUNCHPAD | KONTROL X1 | KONTROL F1 |KONTROL Z1| XONE XD53

I would use a riser if I had to. I was wondering if the cf wiring is the same on the ns6 as the 4trak?

that sucks. Its still my fave controller next to the sx. Imma test the interface hack on it this weekend. If all goes well, imma buy one next month.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    I would use a riser if I had to. I was wondering if the cf wiring is the same on the ns6 as the 4trak?

that sucks. Its still my fave controller next to the sx. Imma test the interface hack on it this weekend. If all goes well, imma buy one next month.
    I'm 99% sure the NS6 and 4TRAK have all the same electronics.
    MBP | TRAKTOR 2.6 | 4TRAK | ORBIT | LAUNCHPAD | KONTROL X1 | KONTROL F1 |KONTROL Z1| XONE XD53

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by jhyphinwill View Post
    I'm 99% sure the NS6 and 4TRAK have all the same electronics.
    ++1

IN that case I will be picking up the 4track. I cant wait to make it all black and pretty.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

May i ask, but how will you make it black?

I will take it apart, sand it, primer the surface, paint the surface, lightly sand to smooth, touch up with the spray gun one more time, clear coat, buff and scuff, then use vinyl appliques for all the info (in custom fonts and labels matching whatever mapping I come up with).

Tech Mentor

Okay please post pics when you have it and good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12