LED to change colour dependant on function. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

and if you do that as i mentioned above and ad an additional "send monitor state" to the cue buttons (perhaps on release)?
    My english is not the best - you're invited to laugh about it...

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iona View Post
    and if you do that as i mentioned above and ad an additional "send monitor state" to the cue buttons (perhaps on release)?
    Can't be sure about that... You can try it out.

thanks guys for the brainstorming, im going to keep playing and try to implement my interpretation of what you guys are talking about. Is it just me or is the Traktor add "out" LED mapping functions really difficult to navigate and implement. 2 weeks ago I had never mapped anything and after a maybe 10 good hours mapping all the out functions I had managed to custom map my k2. My point being that I quickly made sense of how modifiers work and could work out most functions as there was a certain level of logic involved. Adding out led functions seems to be all smoke and mirrors and crazy work arounds for what I would have assumed to be run of the mill LED actions for controller. why wouldnt this be a priority with NI, is it possible they purposly make full LED intergration difficult therefor giving thier controllers added appeal?
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

I moved on from the deck focus toggle proplem and have moved onto new problem. I thought this one would be easy enough aswell but turns out its not. I have my sixteen button matrix at bottom of k2, I have a shift function for sync, key lock, drop cue, delete cue. Is it possible to map LEDS so that when I press shift function the leds on matrix change status to represent status of above mentioned functions with that modifier.

Also, this should be easier, I still havnt mapped hotcues as I could find how to dedicate a botton to a particular hotcue on a particular deck. for example, on the top row of the matrix, I want the hotcues 1-4 availiable for deck A when holding second shift key. I just cant see where I have the option to map this.. silly I know, but ive sat on it a week because I figured im overlooking something simple, im sure its still simple but it hasnt come to me yet. ????
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

Tech Wizard

I will show you what i did, i think there are some ideas fitting to yours. The attached image isn't up to date... the layer buttons (hotcue 1,5,4,8) had changed to 5,6,7,8. Other changes are not affecting the functions shown in the video. with the green shift button i also can enable the prelistening - in this case the active channel would be lit green on the focus button... forgot to show this in the video...

k2 for the sheeple by iota.jpg

if you have questions, ask!

Barnesor

LED is an environment friendly and meaningful way to get background colors. The most important quality is that one can get it changed intermittently as per its requirement.

Ioana, Okay i see what you did and thats what I need to get happening as far as LEDS changing state when shift modiifer is held to represnt the functions mapped to said modifier. Ive tried a few things but cant get it to happen.

So, say I have a cue button that with a modiifer is also my sync button. my cue botton I have always on in normal state but I need it to dissapear when holding down the shift modifier and it to either be on or off to represent sync state... again when I release hold from modifier LED returns to represent cue bottun.

Im not using layers, this would be easier if doing so but then I would loose multicolour function on my first layer.

Tech Wizard

i try to give you an answer in the next hours - have to grab food first. and you're right not using the predefined layers from the controller - that's totally shit for complex mapping in traktor. what i meant by layers - i mapped them custom by using modifiers. in my first steps of mapping the k2 i did use them - but it was effin annoying to get rid of them...

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by narrah View Post
    Also, this should be easier, I still havnt mapped hotcues as I could find how to dedicate a botton to a particular hotcue on a particular deck. for example, on the top row of the matrix, I want the hotcues 1-4 availiable for deck A when holding second shift key. I just cant see where I have the option to map this.. silly I know, but ive sat on it a week because I figured im overlooking something simple, im sure its still simple but it hasnt come to me yet. ????
    i don't know if it fits to your needs, but i have all hotcues on the lower two rows. to use them i just have to switch the focus on the deck i need, which can be done in three different ways in my mapping:
    1. the "focus selector" button which i have for every deck
    2. the play button for each deck
    3. or the loop button for each deck

so if i understand you correctly you have a shift button for each deck to enable their secondary functions. lets call it shift A, B and C.

shift A is modifier Mx=1, type button, hold (x stands for the modifier-number you use - since i don't know...)
    shift B is modifier Mx=2, type button, hold
    shift C is modifier Mx=3, type button, hold
    Mx=0 is the normal condition which every command use which is no shift function!

Then u need the "Select/Store Hotcue" for each hotcue button (1-4) and each deck+condition (ABC+Mx):
    1. Button: Select/Store Hotcue, condition Mx=1, Assignment Deck A, Set Value to Hotcue 1
    2. Button: Select/Store Hotcue, condition Mx=1, Assignment Deck A, Set Value to Hotcue 2
    3. Button: Select/Store Hotcue, condition Mx=1, Assignment Deck A, Set Value to Hotcue 3
    4. Button: Select/Store Hotcue, condition Mx=1, Assignment Deck A, Set Value to Hotcue 4

1. Button: Select/Store Hotcue, condition Mx=2, Assignment Deck B, Set Value to Hotcue 1
    ... and so on (12 commands without mapping LED - just the IN).

Better way in my opinion: the shift also changes the focus of the deck ("deck focus selector"). then you just have to map 4 commands:
    1. Button: Select/Store Hotcue, condition Mx=1, Assignment "Device Target", Set Value to Hotcue 1
    2. Button: Select/Store Hotcue, condition Mx=1, Assignment "Device Target", Set Value to Hotcue 2
    3. Button: Select/Store Hotcue, condition Mx=1, Assignment "Device Target", Set Value to Hotcue 3
    4. Button: Select/Store Hotcue, condition Mx=1, Assignment "Device Target", Set Value to Hotcue 4

Tech Wizard

i think this is what you're looking for.

edit for explanation: its dedicated to deck a. the button i used is the first on the matrix ("A"), and the "exit setup" button. there are some modifiers you don't need... to lazy to clear it all. to enhance it you can make the cue button blinking with an inverted beatphase out.

4_narrah.tsi
    Last edited by iona; 08-22-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast