xs2man's set-up - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: xs2man's set-up

Tech Mentor

Yeah. I do have enough space in the games room for it all to sit quite nicely, but the office is better as its the opposite side of the house to the bedroom, rather than below it. So I can play them in the office, as loud as I want, at any time of day, and get no hassle.

The set-up will evolve in time though. I already have more plans.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Tech Mentor

for most "normal" people that CDJ would be perfectly fine sitting there a few cm further out than the rest...but I agree I'd hate to have that happen with my setup

very nice setup anyway
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

Very nice setup man. You have a very similar problem to me; no space! I know how it feels! My MK2 sits because I have no room!
    Soundcloud:
    http://soundcloud.com/formulaoneowns

Please, check me out!

very nice setup, the reloop contour is going to fit perfectly in there.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Tech Mentor

Thanks zimfella.

The CDJ's and DJM are now gone. So I have 2 x 1210's and no mixer at the moment.

Sold the CDJ/DJM set-up to fund a DB4. That will hopefully get ordered tomorrow. Will have to look for the Traktor Hack to play timecodes on the DB4 though.

I am gonna use the mixarchitekt tsi for Traktor, but thought the controller might be a nice wee addition for loading up tracks to send to the mixer until I get the new CDJ's.

On that front, I was originally thinking of going for the 2000 nexus'. However, they seem to be a bit buggy at the moment. And it is a lot of coin. So will hold off until next year. See how busy I am at work (new job), and take it from there. If work is busy enough to survive, I get a fat payout from the Dutch government around July, so that'll easily cover new CDJ's. In the meantime, I will be routing Traktor through the mixer, hopefully with timecode control.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

oh man, got my mouth watering with your new setup on it's way. DB4, fk yeah! Do you play at clubs?

Tech Mentor

No. Just in my office for fun.

I played in public twice. Once at a birthday party for a mate, and another time me and my cousin hired a venue, didn't advertise properly and 30 of our friends showed up, lol.

Was great fun though. Had a blast. That was about 8 years ago mind. But never really did any more with it. Just a cheeky wee hobby for me, when the wife doesn't see what I'm spending...

Coolest, will have a listen to your mixes at work today. Would like to hear pre db4 mixes and new one's. A lot of DJs say it's changed their mixing style. Good luck with the missus everytime my missus complains about new gear, I just say ok I'll spend the money on buying chicks drinks when I go out next instead. That shuts her up

Tech Mentor

Ha ha ha. Thats one approach. I tend to use the coke and hookers line more, but eventually that'll likely lead to a divorce.

Lol, I like your style

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast