Modifying sample trigger behavior - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    the lpd8 does indeed light up the pad as a function of hardware and also turn the pad led off whenever you release it - independant of whether it has received an external midi message to light it up.

the real solution to this is to send another midi ON message to the lpd8 as soon as you release the pad - hence no delay and no chance of it not working due to timings etc. if doing this just within traktor (i.e: without midimasher or bomes etc) then i think u can do it by adding a new inverted control for each pad.

i have quite a lot of code in midimasher to work round this issue (and others) on the lpd8 so that i can treat it now like any other controller with led feedback in my midimasher configs.
    I have midi ox, but i havent even begun to explore it or attain any proficiency with it. setting up that delay between the LPD8and traktor was accomplished by reading someone else's walk through basically.

I'm interested to hear more on how I could get it to work entirely with in traktor though. The midi cock delay works, but you have to mindful not to let your finger linger on the pad longer than a tenth of a second, which is a hassle as 1/10 of a second is a short ass time. That's the largest delay possible with the clock.

Also, I just upgraded to 2.1.1 and I now see the outs you're referring to Dj dB. Excellent advice, thanks!
    Last edited by imsgoalie@yahoo.com; 11-14-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by imsgoalie@yahoo.com View Post
    What version of Traktor are you using? I am using 2.0.1 and I don't see any additional options as far as what type of out to send. I just had to set up a deck PFL out and set it to deck c or d depending...lame!
    2.1.1 Has an Out under Sample Deck called Pre Fader Level Left & Pre Fader Level Right.
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube

I have midi ox, but i havent even begun to explore it or attain any proficiency with it. setting up that delay between the LPD8and traktor was accomplished by reading someone else's walk through basically.
    to get it to work just with traktor, i.e: without any other software, u need to add extra mappings for the same buttons but inverted, so they do *something* when u release instead of press, to send the 'on' data back to the lpd8.

alternatively do it all in midimasher and never have to even use the nasty traktor controller editor again...

this for example would connect your lpd8 and traktor, map a toggle button (with led feedback that works ofc ) to play deck a and a cue button in hold mode. and also map some pots to control eq:

Code:
    open_midi_device("traktor", "traktor", "Traktor to MM", "MM to Traktor");
    open_midi_device("lpd8", "lpd8", "LPD8", "LPD8", 6);

toggle("lpd8", "0,0", 0, ON, OFF, "traktor", "play_a")
    button("lpd8", "0,1", 0, ON, OFF, "traktor", "cue_a")

pipe("lpd8", "fader1", 0, "traktor", "eq_low_a")
    pipe("lpd8", "fader2", 0, "traktor", "eq_mid_a")
    pipe("lpd8", "fader3", 0, "traktor", "eq_high_a")
    pipe("lpd8", "fader4", 0, "traktor", "volume_fader_a")
    u also get multiple pages/layers for free so for my lpd8 mapping i have the top right button as a toggle that switches between two pages, one for deck a and one for deck b. with PAD and CC mode that then gives you 15 pads u can map for each deck.

PC mode is not so good - as can only be used for triggers or toggles and doesn't have led feedback over midi - still handy tho.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Also, I just upgraded to 2.1.1 and I now see the outs you're referring to Dj dB. Excellent advice, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_dB View Post
    2.1.1 Has an Out under Sample Deck called Pre Fader Level Left & Pre Fader Level Right.

I like some of the improvements to the sample decks in 2.1.1 already. Enough so that I think I'm going to rework my mapping altogether now.

Tech Mentor

I like some of the improvements to the sample decks in 2.1.1 already. Enough so that I think I'm going to rework my mapping altogether now.
    They still need a LOT of work though. Nice of them to actually add SOME of the GUI controls too. haha.
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    to get it to work just with traktor, i.e: without any other software, u need to add extra mappings for the same buttons but inverted, so they do *something* when u release instead of press, to send the 'on' data back to the lpd8
    I'm looking through and I'm not really seeing anything that is a togglable function that I could use to control the LED's with an inverted command that wouldn't screw with the actual functioning of the software. Looks like I might end up just biting the bullet and figuring it out with Midi OX.

I'm looking through and I'm not really seeing anything that is a togglable function that I could use to control the LED's with an inverted command that wouldn't screw with the actual functioning of the software. Looks like I might end up just biting the bullet and figuring it out with Midi OX.
    sure - or u can use midimasher in it's "pass thru" mode that i added at the weekend - tho not yet released.

it allows u to use midimasher more like bomes where by default it just passes any midi in message direct thru to a midi out put but u can also do other stuff with it - like in your case checking whether a lpd8 pad that just sent an 'off' message needs to be sent back another 'on' message to light it up again.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12