Any DJTT S4's already arrive? - Page 2
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

PS I hope like hell that my S4 gets here today. Nothing better than recieving a package before a weekend, and nothing worse than getting it on a monday.

-PL>Y

I think the Jog issue is principally a transportation issue, not a real hardware issue as I see the reactions and the method to fix it...

Tech Mentor

I highly doubt that it's a transportation issue is all these people from different parts of the world have the same issue. And if it was an issue of misshandling during transportation, it must have happened in one of the first or second points straight out of factory. I would fully hold Native Instruments accountable for this. It is their responsibility to package their equipment properly, and also their resonsibility to get it to the 3rd party shipping companies in perfect condistion. Since different people shipped with different companies, I would say the problem came from the source. Really, Native Instruments should have did a better job with this, and has only caused their customers as well as themselves headache.

-PL>Y

but back in the days, when you bought a Turntable, you had to calibrate the arm and set the cartridge by yourself, no one was complaining about that...

The jog problem seems well explained here by karlos and everyone, that seems not really complicated to fix...

I'm not talking as a N.I. fanboy or something, the S4 seems really easy to set up, even if you have the left jog problem...

Tech Mentor

My point is, as a digital product, and one that features out-of-box playability, no consumer should have to fix anything.

There are definitely people out there that are not that technology savy, even if they are using a DVS. There are people out there that will never use a forum. It just so happens that we know of all the benefits of an online community, but there are definitly people out there that don't.

Back in the day, when people had to use turntables was way back in the day. People haven't had to use turntables for some time now as there has been plenty of options out there. CDJ's definitely changed the game. And they've been around for the better part of a decade, and have always been plug-and-play out of box.

The fact that the S4's first release has issues is a fail in my opinion. Certainly not plug-and-play.

-PL>Y

Tech Wizard

@PRESSPL>Y

I see your point on how this product 'should of been a plug and play item', and the left jog wheel problem is something that consumers shouldn't have to deal with, but is it necessarily a fai? I dont think so. Didn't faulty products also affect a significant company such as Apple, with their iPhone 4's? They seemed to handle it fine and now the iPhone is probably the most wanted/requested phone in the world? I'm sure their sales back this up. I own a s4, and I found that it is in fact VERY plug and play. The jog wheel calibration only seems reasonable after a software update, not a huge 'issue' that causes it to be NOT plug and play. It seems the s4 isn't for you, so what product would you go for then?
    The name's gh0stline - Traktor Kontrol s4 - Midi Figther - iPhone 4 TouchOSC

Tech Mentor

Oh, I actually have an S4 coming (hopefully today!).

I've never used Traktor before (besides some simple messing around in my studio) so I'm looking for my mind to be blown here. I like everything that the S4 is meant to offer, especially the plug-and-play usability.

My current weapon of choice is a Rane 57TTM. The plug-and-play usability of it is excellent. I appreciate being able to go into any DJ booth (assuming there is room) and plugging my 57TTM into one channel of the house mixer (always a Pioneer 4-channel or A&H 4-channel), and then plugging in the USB to my laptop for instant playability. Mind you, I use CDJ's with my 57TTM, and I realize a control platter is one less piece of equipment that can't go wrong with a 57TTM, but I'm also quite able to play an entire set in Serato internally.

In the same fashion, the S4 is absolutely ideal for me. And of course, I will definitely re-calibrate the jogs. In fact, troubleshooting is the best way to learn, and I enjoy gaining more expertise on anything DJ related. I'm just saying, this unit should be built like a tank (plastic or not) and shouldn't be sensitive enough that it requires fixes to problems that are present before the box is even cracked.

I can't wait for my S4 though

-PL>Y

I did install the new updated software (which it does automatically), and I did turn the jog wheels the first night to get the "top part" of it to click in to place on the first night. I did it to both the wheels on the first night. The right one is the one that gives me (or used to give me) little bit of trouble till I figured out what was the problem and how to adjust to it.

I have a totally noob question now, how do I recalibrate my jog wheels? I'm in class right now and my cell phone does not want to open that NI forum link right now. So if its in that post, I can just read it when I get home in a couple hours.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think your blowing this out of proportion a little. I can only think of a handful of people that have reported problems with the jog wheel.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast