Bitwig announces Ableton Live competitor - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

It's like ableton with a Traktor color theme lol (except the yellow VU meters )

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    I'm pretty sure they will have checked legal issues beforehand, I mean apparently they have been working on this a couple years - everything else would be way too stupid
    I'm not so sure. I mean look at apple suing samsung right now over similar things, and these are ex-employees I'm sure there are grounds for a lawsuit stealing IP if they were doing similar stuff at ableton then went ahead and made their own product based off similar work.

I mean I hope not but ableton has every reason to sue them.

Yeah, but Samsung and Apple are big companies, the are not substantially threatened by a potentially negative outcome of a lawsuit. A small start-up on the other hand could be crushed by something like that and the founders must have invested some money (I mean, 8 people working on this project for 3 years or so - that is no negligible amount of cash), risking a lawsuit over plagiarism issues, I can't imagine anyone being this stupid.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

can't help but notice that its going to be made for linux... this could get interesting

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    I can't imagine anyone being this stupid.
    It would be bad enough if just any company released this but the fact that they are ex ableton employees makes it so much worse. It is definite lawsuit material.

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

This looks seriously awesome, gonna have to keep my eyes on it
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Garygary1 View Post
    can't help but notice that its going to be made for linux... this could get interesting
    Agreed.

Now that I know my computer seems to run it just fine, it'd take a lot to move me off of Pro Tools for production/recording. But it really does look like it might be a lot of fun for live work. Between window sets and LAN jamming…I could see some really interesting Live PA stuff happening.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Let's hope for the best so these guys can get going with it, bringing something to stand on par with ableton, pushing development on both sides.

Tech Mentor

Agreed. I think this can only be good for both companies. I imagine in the future the 2 daws will become increasingly different, offing more solutions to everyone.

However, as it stands, it did kind of feel weird when I first watched the video. I had been excited about it, but it rubbed me as they were a we bit spiteful.

But who knows what happened between these guys and Ableton. Kind of seems like maybe they were behind all the latest cool shit from Live, like Racks and nesting, and maybe they were pushing for all these particular features and feeling like they were hitting a ceiling over there. I'm not saying it's right OR wrong, but I kind of agree that they must feel secure about it's legality.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

I'm very interested in this and will call them tomorrow asking about their motives. Do you have any other questions?
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast