launchpad mapping virtual dj 7 pro - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm45 View Post
    ya they definitely didnt email me.. according to them i shouldn't even have control over a controller if i didnt purchase it, but i am using the launchpad as we speak! So not even sure where their argument lies....they weren't very helpful at all... thank you for ur reply anyways and if anyone else out there has mapped Virtual DJ with Novation Launchpad please reply here.. thank you again!
    i mapped the launchpad with the simple midi wrapper of th vdj7 but i can't get the led to work :s the led is the coolest part. :s

Quote Originally Posted by dj ilay View Post
    i mapped the launchpad with the simple midi wrapper of th vdj7 but i can't get the led to work :s the led is the coolest part. :s
    indeed it is u need to somehow get vdj to send midi back to the launchpad to make any of it's led's do anything.

did a quick search here and i think vdj uses some xml format for it's mappings as one post for a vci-100 mapping has stuff like this in:

Code:
    <map value="PLAY" action="play_pause"/>
    <map value="LED_PLAY" action="play"/>
    so i presume you'll have stuff like <map value="buttonname" action="action"/> in your launchpad mapping and need to add stuff like <map value="LED_buttonname" action="action"/> to get feedback working
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Student

being told that i dont have the licensing! paid in full for it and they are throwing it in my face...they want a 50dollar bill for a new serial...already paid thru the teeth for an average product... if they cant even get this much right i aint handing over more moneys.... thanks anyways tho.....i think they've just lost a customer....
    Same here, and i too was trying to get the launchpad mapping for virtual dj

Tech Student

ya they definitely didnt email me.. according to them i shouldn't even have control over a controller if i didnt purchase it, but i am using the launchpad as we speak! So not even sure where their argument lies....they weren't very helpful at all... thank you for ur reply anyways and if anyone else out there has mapped Virtual DJ with Novation Launchpad please reply here.. thank you again!

Can you please share how you were able to get it to work with the virtual dj?

I came across the link for launchpad definitions for programming (www.novationmusic.com/download/668/)
    and it seems like it would be useful for making an XML definitions file.
    I don't mind altering or even creating the mappings file but can't seem to make an adequate definition file, never made one from scratch before.
    I too don't have the online account, and feel the "pro" online license price is unwarranted. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

defining in vdj is best done using the hexidecimal midi messages as atomix have provided miditrace that displays that information to help with creating definition files.

but the way the launchpad works is it has the led note on messages the same as the button note, but to make it change colour vdj sends a cc value as well. the way it works is

green = 0x1C
    red = 0x0F
    yellow = 0x3F

for an example of the top left button on the launchpad, it's midi note in hex is 0x00, so to define it you need to use

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <device author="synthet1c" decks="
    X" name="launchpad" sysexid="XXXXX" type="MIDI" >
    <button note="0x00" name="button 1" />
    <led note="0x00" value="0x1C" name="green led button 1" />
    <led note="0x00" value="0x0F" name="red led button 1" />
    <led note="0x00" value="0x3F" name="yellow led button 1" />
    </device>
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Convert

^ a table of these colour values and other really helpful info is in the manual for the launchpad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12