Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

Getting this message:

Contacting DJ Techtools...
    unable to open temporary file:
    read-only file system
    flashing the midifighter...
    midifighter erased.
    failed send HEX files to the midifighter.

doesnt sound good...!

and on top of that all the leds are lighting up when i unplug the cable and plug it in again. all leds except for one (third row from top, far right). WTF?
    Finest Electronic Dance Music

www.januaryone.dj

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hi Januaryone,

I assume you are using a Mac and did not drag the firmware update utility to your desktop before running it. Do this and try again, this will get your midifighter working again.

From what you have said here and on other threads it sounds like you just need to correct the device in and out settings in the midi preferences tab.

If Traktor is showing the little blue midi activity light the midifighter is working correctly, your problem will lie within the midi preferences window.

Tech Mentor

Mr midifidler, u totally right, was a stupid mistake. I blame it on my impatience. Got the MF updated successfully now, however nothing has changed, so the same errors and little issues I came across before are still valid (like problems with the loop FX) and FX that just randomly stay on without pressing shift.

The Midi setup ive heard about, bt Im completely clueless what I gotta do there. Can you tell me how to set that up manually. Im used to macs automatically picking this up and setting it up automatically which doesnt seem to be the case with the MF. So Id appreciate if you could tell me how to set it up correctly.

www.januaryone.dj

In Traktor(controller manager) have you selected midifighter in the drop downs in-port and out-ports?
    2x Technics 1200's - Xone 92 -
    MidiFighter Classic x2 - TSP2 - Audio 10 - Black MacBook

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by willinfluence View Post
    In Traktor(controller manager) have you selected midifighter in the drop downs in-port and out-ports?
    YES, of course.

www.januaryone.dj

Ok

Have you gone into audio midi set up, you should find that in the utilities folder found in your applications window on your Mac

Open audio midi set up, there you should be able to find a midifighter icon,
    Click on the icon, that should show you midifighter properties

You will see connectors for midifighter
    Mine shows midi in 1. Midi out 1

If there is no midifighter icon, I think that you will have to press the rescan midi icon make sure the midifighter is connected before you click the rescan

Hope this works for you

Tech Mentor

and this exactly is what keeps me concerned a bit.
    I am in the Audio-MIDI setup and do not find a midifighter. Tried rescanning but it doesnt pick up. however there is a device by the name of "mobile" and another one just "new external device". If the MF is the "new external device then its good, cause it says Port 1, MIDI-in 1, MIDI-out 1....but what is that gonna do?

www.januaryone.dj

Quote Originally Posted by JanuaryOne View Post
    and this exactly is what keeps me concerned a bit.
    I am in the Audio-MIDI setup and do not find a midifighter. Tried rescanning but it doesnt pick up. however there is a device by the name of "mobile" and another one just "new external device". If the MF is the "new external device then its good, cause it says Port 1, MIDI-in 1, MIDI-out 1....but what is that gonna do?
    It should really pick up your fighter, I think your best bet is to pm
    Midifidler he should be able to help you.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hi January1,

Glad to see you got the device un bricked.

Are you putting the MF in 4 banks Internal or External mode?

When you are using it do any of the Leds flicker at randomly at all?

I wouldn't worry too much about the device name in audio midi setup, if the Midi Fighter is being seen by Traktor at all that is not a problem.

Tech Mentor

thanks guys for your patience and advice!
    actually since im using the deckalized + instantgrat mapping with AB focus i have fourbanks mode off. thats right no?

leds do not flicker at any time.

only problem i still have is that a couple of FX just randomly stay on and you have to "release" them buy hitting the same button again. If possible Id love to imply a loop-move function though. Can I just do that to mess up the mapping (hence how do i map a function using "shift" and another button?)?

www.januaryone.dj

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12