|Build Log| - DIY midi gamepad controller - Page 19
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mr.drumer.boy View Post
    How did u get the pulse rotary thingys to work ?? That would be super cool cause I might make a control x1 copy and I need to find out how to use encoders. With a gamepad hopefully.
    in my project the rotaries are not used as up and down or left and right rotary.

i planed to have "pulse rotaries" that instead of grey code they use consecutive strokes, so if you turn right you get multiple press on button X and when turned left you get button Y. this was my idea, but i didn't get one of those pulse rotaries yet...

when i buy more stuff i will include it on the shipment...

so i got two rotaries hacked to work as consecutive pulse switch the only problem is that one rotary (if you turn left or right) has multiple X pressings and the other consecutive Y pressings

both rotaries have a push switch, so i used on rotary one left direction, on rotary two up direction and on switch left+right (taking advantage of the hat-switch for extra buttons)

so i have increment rotary thing... one rotary up and another down, the idea was to cycle through menus and select them...

when i get the proper pulse switch i will update the controller.

since i didn't go through my original idea, i didn't study this possibility, but i'm pretty sure that with glovepie, you can have a script for rotary encoders... i'm really pretty sure....

another idea is to use a mouse, usually a mouse has 3 rotaries... you can have a gamepad and a mouse in your controller...
    Last edited by fbonito; 05-24-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Default pimp my box...

i'm searching and searching and again searching for the foam...

last week, the keyboard of my laptop had to be replaced, when the package came, there was the foam i'm looking from in the inside, protecting the hardware...

but it's grey, i want black, and it's not the right side so i had to glue two pieces...

this is really frustrating, but i can't find this foam, i've found two or three suppliers but they only sell a minimum amount of panels of 2m x 2m... very expensive for just a small piece...

:-(

Wow, this looks amazing...
    I have two questions:
    Are the LEDs programmable or hardwired?
    How do you connect multiple gamepads so you have only one cable going to your computer? (Or did you just use a hub?)

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Nebouxii View Post
    Wow, this looks amazing...
    I have two questions:
    Are the LEDs programmable or hardwired?
    It seems they're hardwired and affected by the button / pot state.
    How do you connect multiple gamepads so you have only one cable going to your computer? (Or did you just use a hub?)
    According to a previous post:
    there are two gamepad pcb connected to a usb hub, there is also a usb sound card, and 3 or 4 extra usb slots for aditional exterior connections
    You do get dual pc gamepads which are already linked together, connecting to the computer via a single USB port.

Quote Originally Posted by scyn View Post
    It seems they're hardwired and affected by the button / pot state.

According to a previous post:

You do get dual pc gamepads which are already linked together, connecting to the computer via a single USB port.
    i had one of those "two gamepad connected with one usb" it was a nightmare... there were multiple grounds, and everything was unpractical to connect...

Quote Originally Posted by fbonito View Post
    i had one of those "two gamepad connected with one usb" it was a nightmare... there were multiple grounds, and everything was unpractical to connect...
    The first mod I did using a gamepad was with a double pad.

It was a nightmare for me too I ended up cutting the second one off and buying another single pad to finish the project.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fbonito View Post
    I hear you. But I've got them already so I'm going to use them...though I can foresee you saying: "I told you so", when I run into problems. Nice build btw; I especially liked the way you masked off the LED's so they're hidden when off.

Have just been through your build log and read all of the stuff about the encoders, you mentioned pulse switches or pulse roterys, can I have a link for them please

Quote Originally Posted by mr.drumer.boy View Post
    Have just been through your build log and read all of the stuff about the encoders, you mentioned pulse switches or pulse roterys, can I have a link for them please
    look here http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...lse#post243507

IanSniesko

You may got to have other analogs inputs. I think there are just 2 inputs on the controller, but nice project