VCI-400 Problem - Page 19
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: VCI-400 Problem

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by itodj View Post
    I've done everything I have said, but the problem is that the VCI 400 no midi signals, the audio card if it goes well but fails midi driver.
    Tomorrow I'm going to the store to try it and if not right to me changed.
    Thank you all for your help.
    Best Regards
    Its the only thing i think of that the VCI400 is not set as the MIDI port in traktor.

also did you see the troubleshotoing page on vestax site

http://help.vestax.co.jp/en/catagoly.php?parent_id=392

Tech Mentor

stickers on

I did the bottom button first - stuck them in the middle and worked to the outside
    Then then the main large pads stickers, one of mine had to be cut with a craft knife because the sticker was not cut out properly!
    I left the blank bits in case i want to blank out a word on the template

The middle involves having to take the fader off (I don't use the sampler but the middle looks better black)

front right was the hardest because of the sticker shape has open areas and only a thin bottom bit

Was Pretty easy to do, had to blow a bit of dust off. BUT things I don't like is the stickers are matt and if scratches with anything like a finger nail they go shiny (test this out on a blank area of the sticker)

Anyway I thought I'd share:

Looks better in real life than the pics, I think it make the deck definitely look better, i wonder how it will hold up though?

Tech Wizard

looks great! can't wait for mine ...

Default Signal Problems with VCI 400

Hi everybody
    i have a problem with the signal from vci 400. If i connect a cd player on chanel one or two the signal will be routed directly to the master out. I can`t controll with the fader even i use the sitch on the back of the vci 400 dosn`t matter.
    Any ideas ? what i can do ?
    Thank greets from switzerland
    der bischof

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by derbischof View Post
    Hi everybody
    i have a problem with the signal from vci 400. If i connect a cd player on chanel one or two the signal will be routed directly to the master out. I can`t controll with the fader even i use the sitch on the back of the vci 400 dosn`t matter.
    der bischof
    Do you have to switch the front switch to deck mode to external? I'm not sure. Or is that for something else?

Tech Convert

Already solved the problem. The VCI 400 is fine, the problem was in the laptop,
    Thanks

Tech Guru

I think most of the problems outlined here are "in the laptop" to be honest.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by RD444 View Post
    stickers on
    Looks great!

Can you comment on the pitch fader resolution, jog resolution and response and achievable latencies please? Still seriously considering the VCI-400, I just wish they had gone with full-size 10cm pitch faders...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJQA View Post
    Looks great!

Can you comment on the pitch fader resolution, jog resolution and response and achievable latencies please? Still seriously considering the VCI-400, I just wish they had gone with full-size 10cm pitch faders...
    there is a new audio driver coming out, i'll know more then.

Quote Originally Posted by derbischof View Post
    Hi everybody
    der bischof
    That's how it works... there is no 'mixer' in the VCI400, so you have 2 options:
    1) Route straight to the output bus, meaning no volume control on the channel
    2) Route into Traktor (dunno if you can route into Itch/VDJ/etc) into a deck. To do this you have to set the "Input Routing" switch on the rear of the unit to "Deck C/D" (which you have already done - I think it only 'reads' this switch when you turn the unit on, so switch the 400 off, switch it over to "Deck C/D" and then switch on the unit). Then you use "External Input" in Traktor - switch the 3-position switch on the front to the rightmost position to do this (or if it has been remapped, hover over deck the "C" or "D" (top right of either deck) in Traktor, I *think* a little down arrow then appears, and then click on it and choose "External Input". You can then use the 400's faders/EQs/filter to control it. Means you can also get FX on your external channels.

Hope this helps!

PC/Mhac, Traktor 2, Citronic MP-X10, 2 x Kam KCD450, Behringer BCD3000, Echo Audio Layla 3G, Numark EM-460 w/Kaoss Pad, Shure C606, Carlsbro Tytan PA, Turbosound TXD121 12" Tops, Reloop RHP-20
    http://soundcloud.com/escapemcp