New Traktor Info leaked by Dolphin Music - Page 18
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Yeah I know that

I used Traktor Scratch Pro 1.0.1 with hacked ASIO drivers that were labelled "Audio 8 DJ" to fool traktor into letting me use the DVS.

This was on a connectiv torq interface.

To bad traktor cut out that workaround after 1.0.1...

I had to buy the real thing lol.

But I'm ditching DVS now anyway so... yeah I guess I just now realized that any sound card is an option... unless I want to leave DVS open as an option.. to other DJ's that play DVS but dont bring a sound card... rare.

*shrug*

Ill probably get the SL4 box for unlimited compatibility and DJ change functionality, from any software to any software, to any media, CD or vinyl.

If it doesn't play nice with Traktor I will cry and go for one of the new TA's...

But I'm really leaning towards the SL4
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

sebastiannz

Quote Originally Posted by knaumov View Post
    afaik, all Rane/Serato products work for Traktor even now. but they work for Traktor Pro only - that's because of the new ASIO/CoreAudio drivers. They unfortunately are not Scratch Certified though, so you can't use them for DVS.

Not that they can't become DVS capable, they well can, but it is only about politics ...

geez ... reading the NI forum, mixarchitect hints that even the DB4's certification is not a closed decision and customer requests would help it ... if DB4's certification is under question, what remains for the Rane products ...

... what do we know, huh :P
    it is past my bed time so I'm a bit slow...but... does that mean if I rock up to a party with an SL1 and i have traktor scratch pro on my laptop...i can plug it in and play music through traktor, I just can't use the CDJ or turntable to control it?

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiannz View Post
    it is past my bed time so I'm a bit slow...but... does that mean if I rock up to a party with an SL1 and i have traktor scratch pro on my laptop...i can plug it in and play music through traktor, I just can't use the CDJ or turntable to control it?
    yes.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

The SL1 is known to have only ASIO support(Windows) and NO CoreAudio(Mac). This is due to hardware limitation

Quote Originally Posted by Serato FAQ
    Core audio support for the SL 1 was initially planned for development. Unfortunately due to a hardware limitation in the SL 1 it is not possible to provide core audio drivers for the unit.
    http://serato.com/faq/scratchlive#1365

SL3, 57, 68 and SL4 should be OK on all platforms, though. If on Windows, SL1 will also give what you're asking for.

important: you need to have the drivers PREINSTALLED if you want to be able to do it, of course.
    Last edited by loop; 02-10-2011 at 05:18 AM.

sebastiannz

ok cheers...I think I get it now.

Hopefully it isn't too many years before all this proprietary stuff gets pushed aside in favour of compatibility.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exokinetic View Post
    Wait the SL4 box is going to work with Traktor?

So glad I haven't bought my second sound card yet.

Looks like it could be an SL4.....
    SL4 will not be Traktor Scratch Certified.
    Rane would have to apply for certification and thats hardly gonna happen even if they are going slightly separate ways from Serato regarding licensing.

So yeah, with Traktor (non-timecode) i guess will finally be an option.

Tech Guru

It was just today I said there's nothing new ...

love it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4pkP...&feature=feedu

someone tell me what's in that video... I can't see youtube at work.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Guru

as the title says
    "The new generation of Traktor Scratch"

nothing much new for us . Just the names of the 4 new FX, but unfortunately, there's neither a Suck Knob, nor the Tooted & Booted FXs.

will need to rewatch a few times, as we're also pretending to work here LOL

They are referring to their website for additional info (with screen shots), but there's nothing yet LOL

yeh I tried following the link but it's dead. I hate not having youtube, I wish they released the vids on vimeo!