Native Instruments hints at new Traktor controller. Xone:K2 Competitor? - Page 18
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

This could be interesting. I'd imagine they've expanded the sample decks to work like a scaled down maschine group. That would be very interesting. I could see them trying to bring in some maschine workflow elements and maybe the ability to open some maschine groups to try and get people hooked on maschine.

I guess i might have to wait a bit before i decide on a dvs, at least 'till we hear what it does and how it competes with just using maschine.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by denisps2 View Post
    Bummer.
    Since i use traktor so all my tracks are synced to the master clock, the phase meter wont work for me, i gues
    It's not the phase meter, it's the sample progress meter (so you know when a loop starts again without looking at your screen). In other words, it's the "Seek Position" OUT command.
    Last edited by padi_04; 01-16-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Tech Mentor

at this point I am thinking if they offered VST/plugin support, I would quit doing performances with Ableton altogether.

I DJ with Traktor exclusively, but I do this other shit with Ableton. Seems Traktor is only a step or 2 away from being my goto environment for that as well.

Exciting shit happening this year. NI, Bitwig, possibly Live9, Livid instruments, new Rane mixer etc.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    that would be pretty cool... maybe with a pair of dnsc2000's for jogs
    Hopefully with NAMM there will be a few more competitors for the modular jog wheel controller.
    mk128, maschine, oxygen25, firewire 410, ableton suite 8

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Zhao View Post
    Hopefully with NAMM there will be a few more competitors for the modular jog wheel controller.
    really weird cus a lot of shops i talk to say that the DN 2000's don't sell very well. I feel like most people in need or want of a modular set up likely don't use jog wheels that much anyways.

I reckon the new sample bit colours will work like this:

Select sample > Select specific function > Colour will be applied to that sound according to its function > See that colour appear on pad when active.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Default Native Instruments hints at new Traktor controller. Xone:K2 Competitor?

I work at one of the bigger independent retailers and can tell you we've maybe sold 6 if that, and that's a stretch of a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by kevz718 View Post
    If ur in sync, its not that useful.. It becomes useful as a visual indicator that uv fallen out of sync.

What do u want blinking to indicate? Just for looks? If so, try the level output as thst will give a constant blink.
    Just for looks i want them to blink like in a sequencer led1 led2 led3 led4 led1 led2 led3 led4...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Louie_V View Post
    I work at one of the bigger independent retailers and can tell you we've maybe sold 6 if that, and that's a stretch of a guess.
    I've spoken to more than a few asking about it and have gotten the same answer from everyone. Looks to me that there's a nice chunk of talk about them but no one ever buys them.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Toast View Post
    really weird cus a lot of shops i talk to say that the DN 2000's don't sell very well. I feel like most people in need or want of a modular set up likely don't use jog wheels that much anyways.
    I guess that was worded poorly. I didn't mean to imply that it's dominating the market or anything, just saying hopefully there will be a few new options.
    mk128, maschine, oxygen25, firewire 410, ableton suite 8