Just released to the public KONTROL S2 - Page 17
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Agrees with Padi on the S4 being overkill for some of the DJs.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    Thought the beauty of Traktor was being able to manipulate 4 decks and truly create something on the spot.
    Totally disagree with that, for me the fundamental beauty of Traktor is how you can personalize the software to your own taste/usage. I'm good friends with at least 12 Traktor users and each one has the software setup very differently to cater for there own needs and style of dj'n.

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    It's like NI's porsche cayman.
    Our yes the Jeremy Clarkson Cayman theory! Gotta agree with ya there. I loved the S4 large filter knobs, In the recent S2 post it says the hi res map is user changeable, so if I owned an S2 I'd probably swap the mid eq for a filter but still leave access to the mid via a press of the shift. I'm not really a fan of Traktors internal eq, which makes direct easy access to the filters really important when mixing in internal.

NI are doing things in the exact right order to maximize profit, fair play to them. So far they've made kit that fits the needs for the mass's, the X1, S4 and now S2. Ok nothing thats uber groundbreaking but in terms of hardware there certainly the most profitable products they could of "ever" made first.

With the the more obvious (profitable) products out the the way, NI are in a great position to finally to start aiming there R&D department at more innovative and hopefully something that has more metal on it other than a faceplate.

Tho personally my gut feeling is an X2 or another external mode compliment device is next on the horizon, many new features have come to T2 since the X1 release so it'll make total sense for NI to make an update to complement an external set up, while still being great for internal use to. Loop recorder, sample decks = mini maschine! I can dream any way.

After 5 months I sold my S4, I'm a turntablist so a controller for me is something I only use when turntables are not an option or when I couldn't be assed to setup dvs at a gig or small gatherings. I own a Maschine and X1, so in some ways the S4 went a step to far at replacing my preferred set up, plus considering how much I used the S4 for scratching I felt cashing in while everything still worked was best for me. Then the Innofade made it in to the S4 equaling instant envy!

An Innofade laden S2 would be perfect for me, small footprint, take any where. After using the jogs on the S4 I personally could never go back to midi jogs. I actually think there's less latency in the S4 jogs than Traktors digital vinyl. My only beef is the price 500 uk sterling is a bit to much considering I wanna put an Innofade inside. Plus if its the same construction as the S4 and X1 it'll be filled with plastic pots, which puts a big question mark over longevity if I was to use it like I do my battle setup. Plastic pots should "never" be an option on supposed pro gear.
    Last edited by Dubba Dutch; 08-28-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubba Dutch View Post
    Totally disagree with that, for me the fundamental beauty of Traktor is how you can personalize the software to your own taste/usage.
    Say what? Traktor is one of the least flexible pieces of software on the market, only beaten by serato products
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Say what? Traktor is one of the least flexible pieces of software on the market, only beaten by serato products
    Really! depends what your criteria for flexibility is? One of my reasons for saying that is down to the power of Traktors mapping capabilities which is completely unrivaled unless you use third party apps like bomes or max for live. Plus it really does a very good job at complementing any style of dj'n wether your a battling scratch turntablist, progressive tribal psy trance dj or bonkers controllerist dj. Actually is there other programs that can suit "any" style of dj'n as well as Traktor does straight out of the box?

The mapping side is awesome but all the other software features are rigid as fuck.

I'm not saying it doesn't suit loads of different style, just that you can't customise anything at all.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Funny how NI bring an item out and all of sudden its the end of the world.

People say "I was expecting something better" when they werent actually expecting anything cus there was no build up to this release.

Its just another all-in-one option. Its a smaller version of the S4. Its NOT the one and only controller that NI will ever bring out.

It amazes me how people get so wound up cus its not what they wanted.
    I drive a car but i dont get pissed off when some car maker brings a model out that i dont like.

Is it not blindingly obvious that NI are gonna be bringing out shed loads of controllers and all kinds of stuff. Some will suit some people and some will suit others. Where is the mystery?

I love reading all these comments cus people assume to know better than a company that has not yet introduced a DJ product that hasnt been a success (since FS)... everything they do sells in BOAT LOADS and suits a certain demographic.

If its not for you... Take a minute. Take a deep breath.......... and move on.

BTW- anyone got one of these. I might buy one for shits & giggles looks fun.
    http://www.musicmatter.co.uk/numark-dj2go

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    BTW- anyone got one of these. I might buy one for shits & giggles looks fun.
    http://www.musicmatter.co.uk/numark-dj2go
    i had a look at those but fancied the touch sensitive jogs of the icon idj. as it turns out the idj jogs are actually really good. the dj2go is half the price tho...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Selling current setup for S2.
    Has everything I need really!
    Also turns my laptop into what I initially bought it for >.> looool
    So happy they made this
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    So happy they made this
    +1
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    So happy they made this
    What did you have before?