Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HERE - Page 17
Page 17 of 90 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Default Retro/Steampunkish UC33

Here's the first controller mod I've done that I'm really happy with. The whole project was inspired by a box of RCA twist-on TV/Coaxial cable ends. They just had such a nice 'grippy' texture to them, I needed to make them into knobs! The copper knobs, hardwood panel, and color-coded knob-tops are the result of a day-long brainstorming session at my local Fleet Farm, Michaels Craft store, and the infamous room-full-of-random-stuff at my house Built for about $30 over roughly 2 weeks.

More info here: My blog

PS: I use the left 4 columns of my uc33 for Traktor Pro FX, and the right 4 for decks A-D Hi, Mid, Low and Vol.

steampunkish!
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

Nice one man! Functionality and looks!
    (Only missing the lambda frequency capacitor, that would have added more steampunk to it. )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

My little UMC32 project. Still got to make the box and finish the wiring, but I'm getting there.

Design wise I was planning to paint it in a sky blue and have orange knobs and sliders, but decided to keep in looking so ghetto due to the fact that my word work skills are so wank it could never look good.

Mirror image due to having to use photobooth to take pictures. Lost my phone on the bus.

Hacking a cheap-o box for testing layout is always good idea! (I did not know that when creating mine)

Tech Mentor

Default Its STICKERS !!! & Xone DX

Here some shots of my new Xone DX

My only beef with this unit is its complete in-ability to be seen in the dark.

Even with a UV light, the buttons are impossible to see. And the LEDs are located beside (?) the buttons (instead of on top or beneath) so finding them can be troublesum.

And hell some buttons dont even have LEDs for some unknown and ridiculous reason that problably has SERATO's name written all over it...

So I went to Staples and went sticker crazy.

I also used some Green Knobs and Faders I got from DJTT. Remember that the Black strip on the Green Knobs from DJTT will most certainly fall off at some point - I super glued mine, and I would suggest everyone do this because the Black strips are soooo small. Ive lost a couple in dark rooms never to be found again. Also the Green Knobs have a square peice in the bottom of them that allows you to change the position of where the Black strip sits. So they virtually work for any unit.

Also I removed the crossfader which was as easy as unscrewing 8 srews and lifting the top up about 4 inches. You dont even have to take off the knobs and faders to do this. This thing is really interesting inside. Well built and seemingly lots of room for Mods.

Even with the complaints I have about this unit....Its bad ass...and blows away anything in the market to date. You truely have to feel & hear one to believe it.

Tech Guru

Someone recommended this to highlight the uv reactive paint:

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...0070926x00003a
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Default paint?

Where's the paint there?

EDIT: I am sorry, read your post in a hurry.
    My experience with UV LED: they are not as nearly as good as UV CCFL.
    My experience with UV CCFL: do not buy CoolerMaster computer UV CCFL, purple piece of crap.
    Last edited by ToS; 04-09-2010 at 01:22 PM. Reason: update

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ToS View Post
    Where's the paint there?
    The xone DX uses UV reactive paint on all the white....here's an example with the xone 4d

http://www.muttrecords.org/mutter/im...e_4d_side2.jpg
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Quote Originally Posted by gotcha View Post
    VCI-100 FW1.2 mapping modified from Ean v3.3

hey sorry if this is a stupid question, but where do you get your custom overlay printed? also could i get the template for the vci?