Cracked DVS Software - Page 16
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

If you use that cracked piece of software to do anything other than fiddle than you have stolen it. The 30 minute window is the same as going to GC to fiddle, imho. *shrug*

Oh well. This debate will go on until either everything is free or it becomes next to impossible to steal software (which probably won't happen)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Well me at least, I wasn't saying it is "cool to steal" whatever, as you, DA, put it. Maybe I kind of missed the point of this thread, cause I didn't really come up with anything the industry could do better about their demos to prevent piracy at all.

I only tried to point out that obvisouly it's no all bad. After all I spent quite some money on music software, which I definately wouldn't have spent if it wasn't for the cracks I've been using over the years. Actually, without the cracks I wouldn't be into music production/digital DJing at all. But that's a different topic, again.
    We could go on comparing digital/analog theft, and about the sense of the traditional copyright system in general, but I guess this thread is not the right place.

So to be constructive, I think fully functional, time-limited demos would be a good move for all companies. I guess 90 days of trying are long enough to get you hooked on a piece of software.
    Also NI and Steinberg are doing great with their EDU version, I don't know which other companies have them.

Next thing is the price, look how fast NI Komplete sold out for the 399,- bargain this summer. Maybe the companies would earn more money after all if they reduce the prices.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The old T3 30 day Trial Period was great because users could spend enough time getting to the software but also the intricacies of making and managing your collection and playlists. I think the 30minute trial makes this very difficult.

Some months ago on this forum i said that i could compare using a copyied version of Traktor the same as walking into a Music Store and leaving with a soundcard under your hoody.
    DvlsAdvct has totally echoed that and i completely agree with him.

Lets gets fucking real here. The software doesnt cost THAT much. Im not rich, but ive managed to save up (remember that concept , saving up for something) for all my gear.

I know that there are many people in worse financial positions than me but am i to believe that everyone is a pauper and really cant save up and buy the software.

Its everyone own choice but please... spare me the half baked excuses.
    If you want steal have the balls to admit it.

I only steal hearts and kisses!

I have the Traktor 3 LE license due to purchasing the VCI.

I have ordered my Audio 4 DJ and next will get the upgrade to TSP.

As a PC and Mac user.....i found that there are cracked versions for PC but the Mac ones are a bit behind.

So its a no brainer for me. I HAVE to gets it!

Plus....playing out .....and having my software fuck out.....NOOOOOOOOO!

Thats not gonna happen to me.
    If it does...it will be due to something else....NOT Cracked software!

If you love it....you will spend on it.

You get what you pay for......end of story.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

I didn't think you were saying it was "cool to steal". If I came across as such my bad. By using the word "cool" I meant "okay" nothing more.

I don't understand the argument that you'd have only gotten into it if you got cracked software. I mean, I was in college with a job that paid nothing too, and I used free stuff (not cracked).

So you save your money. I don't understand why this is such a concern.

And of course Komplete sold like a motherfucker when it was $400. It was 15 wares, synths/samplers/drum machine for $400. If I had the money I'd have bought it. It's a lot cheaper to buy Komplete 5 for the $1200 standard retail price than the equivalent in hardware. But no one is advocating stealing the hardware.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I have my own house.

I have my own car.

I have 2 flat screen tv's and a big screen projection.

I have an xbox 360 and a ton of games.

I have a lot of DJ equipment (cdj1000mk3's, DJM800s, mackie srm450s, Korg zero4, etc etc), computers (2 custom xp boxes, an xp laptop, and a mbp pro), computer accessories, etc.

I'm not rich, but I know how to spend (and more importantly SAVE) my money.

I posted a few weeks ago on NI's forums about the next few purchases I wanted to make, since I've been saving ever since I got the VCI-100se when it was first introduced. An iMac, Maschine, Moog Little Phatty, Virus T1, etc...

I decided to buy Maschine.

I'm telling you... I started DJing while I was making $60/week as a Teacher's Assistant in college. Seriously. I couldn't afford ANYTHING...music, equipment, etc.

I found a way to make it happen though. The music store by me used to do this thing where you could buy equipment, but basically they would keep it until you paid it off. You could use it for gigs, but you had to pay $50 every time.

Music was tougher...I had to take a loan out from my parents. Although it took over a year to pay back, it saved my ass. I haven't looked back since.

There's always a way to be legit IF YOU WANT TO BE. Beg and borrow. Be creative. Don't buy shit that you don't need. If you're making money using someone else's creation, then morally YOU MUST PAY THEM! Without them there is no YOU.

Understood?

PS Karlos' avatar is ridiculous! lol you fag

Chilly, can I come over and play with your toys? I'd be even more emphatic if you bought the Little Phatty cause it's so sexy.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Chilly, can I come over and play with your toys? I'd be even more emphatic if you bought the Little Phatty cause it's so sexy.
    Anytime...I have an extra room with your name on it.

YAY! hehe

I'll actually be passing through Detroit for my girlfriend's cousin's wedding that's in Windsor in September. She's, like, in the wedding so I think I'll have about a day to kill, what with me not being in any pictures cause I ain't Filipino.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

NICE! Let me know