Just released to the public KONTROL S2 - Page 15
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

This is the most disappointing piece of gear I've seen in a very long time.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

i think most people (including myself) are disappointed because we were looking for them to make an add on controller (like the x1). If your someone looking to buy a new all in one controller this might be a pretty cool product.
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

I'm disappointed because I thought it wouldn't be exactly the same as a million other controllers except with the NI logo stamped on the side.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

If NI wanted to release something more eye poppin, akin to pro dj's they would tease the shit out of it for months. This just came in with lil to no fanfare to the new dj's that wanted an entry level controller.

As for the X2 I dunno what to expect... maybe some mixer with 2 X1's attached? Just kill the damn platters already!!
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    I'm disappointed because I thought it wouldn't be exactly the same as a million other controllers except with the NI logo stamped on the side.
    it's definately nothing to get excited about but i'm sure it'll be popular with a lot of people who want a small ish traditional dj type controller who don't want anything as big or as expensive as the S4. i think it's a controller NI had to produce. just not anything we were really hoping for...

and as for the price including the software... lots of controllers come bundled with traktor le - so all you're really saving is the upgrade price to tp2 which is about 130$ i think from le?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Wouldn't it be great if everything ever released was perfect for everybody?

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    and as for the price including the software... lots of controllers come bundled with traktor le - so all you're really saving is the upgrade price to tp2 which is about 130$ i think from le?
    You can usually sell a full version of traktor for about $150 so at the very least you should take that into consideration.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I made a photo to compare size of S2 and S4. Both controllers are aligned at the left side of the controller. The S2 is approx 2,5 cm (1") less deep than the S4
    www.traktorbible.com/freaks
    The largest (and original) Traktor midi maps portal on the internet.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mattinthebox View Post
    So I am extremely tempted to make the S4 my new mixer in my DVS setup (already have audio 8). Would I be wise to go for the S2 since I already have the two turntable decks? Could I even use the S2 as a controller for decks C+D in addition to the Audio 8 with the turntables on A+B? I'm thinking that the S2 would really just further complicate things and that the S4, which hopefully will see a price drop, would be a much simpler toy for my setup.
    Ths S2 doesn't have the inputs for DVS.

Jesus, people are hating on this poor controller so much...

Quote Originally Posted by weh View Post
    Ths S2 doesn't have the inputs for DVS.

Jesus, people are hating on this poor controller so much...
    yep - does seem odd. can't say i'm excited by it, but it looks like a solid controller. should stop all those "buy an S4" replies whenever anyone posts asking for advice - when all they want is a decent two deck controller.

if i was in the market for a 2 deck controller i'd buy a twitch, but if the twitch wasn't around i might well buy the S2.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by RainerHaselier View Post
    I made a photo to compare size of S2 and S4. Both controllers are aligned at the left side of the controller. The S2 is approx 2,5 cm (1") less deep than the S4
    Wow... Not even much smaller!?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.