Just released to the public KONTROL S2 - Page 14
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    disappointing.

would much rather have seen a 4 channel mixer with no jog wheels.
    Could not agree more!

...maybe a future S1, who knows. Anyway, the jog wheels are actually pretty interesting and opens up the UI control side quite a lot. Just wish there was a quick way to switch between using them for effects and browsing/placement without the need to do a trip through the preferences.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    ...maybe a future S1, who knows. Anyway, the jog wheels are actually pretty interesting and opens up the UI control side quite a lot. Just wish there was a quick way to switch between using them for effects and browsing/placement without the need to do a trip through the preferences.
    You don't need to go through the prefs for that with the S4 today (load buttons toggle it) and I'm pretty sure you can map it to a modifier with the S2 if not present already.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    You don't need to go through the prefs for that with the S4 today (load buttons toggle it) and I'm pretty sure you can map it to a modifier with the S2 if not present already.
    Oh, cool, will test this today. I just need the jog control of effects now and then, not as a permanent feature.

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    Lol all the people saying overpriced.

TP2 = $200
    A2DJ = $100
    so that fancy controller now is $300

Sure Twitch came out for $400
    But I can soooo see myself using this S2 before some touch strip flashy light doohicky anyday.
    This plus 3000!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Convert

4-channel mixer, 4 fx units (how could NI ommited this from s4?), no jog wheels, no audio card, two full deck controls with a/c b/d switching for free deciding on track/sample decks.

Now that could be a real Twitch killer. But, seeing they came up with S2, it is hard to expect anything like this would appear from NI in the near future.

I really can't explain how the company that makes Traktor (absolutely the best DJ application in the world) is not able to replicate its functions in a well produced, smart mapped and non-expensive controller. Faderfox makes DJ3, now Novation has came up with Twitch. Isn't it at least a little embarasing to NI?

Banned

I don't really think you should include the price of the software in there, as most of us already have it. What am I going to do with another copy of TP2? Very redundant in that regards.

And an ADJ2 is hardly worth $100, I can find them new for around $75.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tripnotic View Post
    4-channel mixer, 4 fx units (how could NI ommited this from s4?), no jog wheels, no audio card, two full deck controls with a/c b/d switching for free deciding on track/sample decks.

Now that could be a real Twitch killer. But, seeing they came up with S2, it is hard to expect anything like this would appear from NI in the near future.

I really can't explain how the company that makes Traktor (absolutely the best DJ application in the world) is not able to replicate its functions in a well produced, smart mapped and non-expensive controller. Faderfox makes DJ3, now Novation has came up with Twitch. Isn't it at least a little embarasing to NI?
    I agree mate. As I stated before, if they really wanna try something different I would say make a controller much like their S4 minus the jogs and add the two extra transport controls and FX units, PLUS try and incorporate some USB ports into it some how as well and maybe even some outlets on the side. Just make it a big HUB for your whole set up.

Now all you need to do is find one outlet to plug in the controller, and then everything else you can plug straight into the controller like your laptop, USB gear and anything else that needs power.

No filter knobs

WTF!!?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I wish they sold a version without the software included. I don't need it. So now i have to wait for someone to sell it without software. The software is everywhere now, for free with x1s, and s4's and stuff. I just want the controller....