Scamo's Traktor S4 FX Jogs Xtreme Mapping - 5.1.0 Beta - Page 14
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

i was curious if this mapping is available by use of the shift + browse midi mode?

im having trouble with my s4 being recognized with the in-port, im trying to set up a simple mapping after going into midi mode (shift + browse) i want to be able to use the 4 CUE buttons to activate FLUX mode per deck... (off topic)

but it got me thinking about this mapping as i have played around with it in the past but would sometimes confuse myself with the shit + load functions and train wreck.

is this possible to shift + browse midi mode this mapping? it would be nice to just jump to "FX Mode" play around and quickly switch back out.

it would be great this way paired with an X1 to be able to use the X1 to control the other decks while in "FX Mode" on the S4 i was only curious if this is possible and if there is a few params in the mapping that needed changed to be able to do this?

thanks.

No, sorry. This mapping was intended to be layered over the default S4 mapping, so you can get practically all of the standard S4 functions PLUS fx jog control. And yes, as is with any mapping, you must "learn" to use it properly and I'd venture to say, because of the modes, my mapping has a fairly steep learning curve in order to get it right. I even don't have it right just yet.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Wizard

Cool understandable.

It's a great mapping! Keep up the incredible work!

Scamo,

Quick question: how do you use your MF3D with your custom mapping? I exclusively use your mapping, but I just got the Midi Fighter Spectra. To use the Spectra mapping with the InstantGrat effects, I have to use the large IMPORT button right? This overrides all your awesome effects. How do I get both to work?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You might need to tweak effect selectors for ether scamo's or Spectra mapping to match each other.

As, Stewe mentions, both mappings will have to have the same effects selection order, then they should work together. My mapping at one point was updated to match the MF order of effects, but that was some time ago and I don't know, to be honest, if that is still correct.

Also something to remember, you'll need to import one of the mappings with the smaller import function in the Controller Manager, so the import does't kill the other mapping and I am not sure either mapping will work that way.

And one last thing to remember, when you switch between controllers, you will have to "prime" my mapping by reselecting a mode to get it to work again. This is because the effect unit selection is done over the mode selection and not the jog wheel touch.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Thanks for the replies. I actually loaded up the new Spectra mapping with the small import button, and everything works pretty well as is. There are some funny things that happen every now and then (the delay effect will stay on even after the button on the Midi Fighter is released sometimes, for example) but these might be bugs in the Spectra mapping. Since I have the S4, it would be nice to use the top row of the Midi Fighter for more effects (currently, this mapping uses the top row for play/cue/shift/etc). So I need to either wait for one of you experts to create a badass mapping, or I'll have to try to get my feet wet!

Is anyone making mappings (S4, Midi Fighter) that take advantage of the "new" macro effects? I've learned to love a couple of them, and they are integral to my current workflow. No one seems to be incorporating them extensively into custom mappings on here.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

off topic:

@ - jdownesbaird

Which combinations of macro effects do you have in mind? PM me.

I must also say that the mapping is not stable. I have tried to analyze the mapping and to edit, but must give due to lack of knowledge. It's a great job scamo, but we idd need to wait for a stable mapping.
    Now I work with my F1 for my effects, which works well, thx to Tekken.

I will always follow you posts because I have learned a lot from you
    Thx, Mad

Agreed, the mapping is simply NOT close to stable at the moment. But, it is in BETA stages right now, so it is to be expected. Scamo really has been doing a hell of a job, and even though he hasn't been updating this as much, I am very grateful for his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Madsoldier View Post
    I must also say that the mapping is not stable. I have tried to analyze the mapping and to edit, but must give due to lack of knowledge. It's a great job scamo, but we idd need to wait for a stable mapping.
    Now I work with my F1 for my effects, which works well, thx to Tekken.

I will always follow you posts because I have learned a lot from you
    Thx, Mad