Just released to the public KONTROL S2 - Page 12
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BennyJ View Post
    People who dont need 4 decks and dvs input and want to save 300 bucks.
    As i said in my post: The market for people who have these specifications is filled with controllers that do exactly the same and look pretty much the same.

And for real sample deck control you are in need of another controller, like the x1, despite the 4 buttons that can be used to trigger them on the s2.
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

Tech Guru

Does this mean we will see a new forum area for the S2 or perhaps expanding the S4 specific forum area to include the S2?

My first take is that compared with S4 this is much easier to take to gigs. But here in the studio an S4 is really good for making complex mixes as it's easier to see what's going on compared with a more compact solution where you mentally have to know what's triggering and where, or rely more on the laptop screen. Oh, if the S4 was 20mm narrower in each direction things would be fine...

The S4 is worth the extra $300 if you are a turntable dj
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Im sorry but im just not feeling the s2... honestly it kinda seems to me like an over-glorified mixtrack... If it would have had filters may i would see if differently, but i dont know, maybe once i play with it.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

^the vid has already been posted mate

that's just retarded especially at $600- worth $400 tops. Looks like NI is crossing too far into the low end toy market. Way too stripped down. If they wanted to make a 2 channel counterpart, fine, but at least have filters and 8 cue points then it might be viable. They cut features out just so it wouldn't compete too much with the S4 making it a poor choice for anyone serious who just needs two channels.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 08-25-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Tech Wizard

Wow. People are bashing this thing SO HARD already...

Yes, it is what it is: a dumbed down S4. What's so bad about that? It comes with Traktor Pro 2, I think that alone justifies the price tag. and this is perfect for those on the fence about S4 but don't want DVS.

Saying it's a glorified mixtrack is too harsh. Especially when NHL proved to work BEAST for scratching with the S4.

Do that on your damn mixtrack.

EDIT: The NHL mapping on this is apparently beats too, I pray to GOD they implement this for the S4 as well. Even though I worked around it by using supplemental controllers, lol.
    Last edited by weh; 08-25-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weh View Post
    Do that on your damn mixtrack
    lol that was funny
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    that's just retarded especially at $600- worth $400 tops. Looks like NI is crossing too far into the low end toy market. Way too stripped down. If they wanted to make a 2 channel counterpart, fine, but at least have filters and 8 cue points then it might be viable. They cut features out just so it wouldn't compete too much with the S4 making it a poor choice for anyone serious who just needs two channels.
    Garaunteed you can make the sample decks cue points just with the S4 so it technically has 8 cue points. That's I did with my s4 because I don't use the sample banks enough but I use hot cues all the time.

But yea the lack of a filter knob is disappointing, I love that thing

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast