VCI 100 TP2 Overlay...WE WANT ONE!!! - Page 11
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Unfortunately brother I did not do the work myself, and have lost touch with the guy that did (emails and phone calls unanswered... who was that masked man), I can't be of help, but certainly others on here will be able to.

good luck!

Tech Wizard

any word on the overlay? im going to be purchasing a new overlay soon but im not sure if i should hold off

Tech Mentor

last official word i heard from flashflooder i think as an answer to a direct email question on the subject was that as of 2 months or so ago, it was more likely than not, but they were not prepared to make any promises. Theyre so in tight now with NI and promoting and making money of both the S4 and the S2, who can say whether it will actually happen. You, I and many others think there should (and THEY should) be released at least one final full TP2 (with sample deck support) overlay, but i personally suspect they are just hoping we all give up asking about it, and the problem goes away.... But i still live in hope of being wrong!

Tech Convert

DJTT is a business at the end of the day . They need to sell stuff otherwise they wouldn't be able to afford the staff to do these overlays and mappings, and other things that probably don't net them much money. I think Flashflooder mentioned somewhere a while back that he is doing a lot of this stuff after hours, so there must still be some love for the VCI over there.

It's probably going to be the last overlay, so I think its best to wait for a rock solid mapping everyone is happy with, then the overlay should be good for years to come.
    Last edited by Dr Draught; 10-23-2011 at 12:59 AM. Reason: made that last part a little clearer

Tech Mentor

DJTT is a business at the end of the day, but there is a feeling that the baby is being thrown out with the bathwater by abandoning the VCI, and also DJTT was built on the promise of constant updates and fresh overlays for the VCI and many many machines (particularly SEs) were sold on that basis. All that aside Flashflooder is a GOD DAMN ROCKSTAR !!!! for keeping on with the support for the old lady. His efforts are VERY much appreciated by all of us, and he deserves more recognition than he gets......
    .... but DJTT as an entity has kinda behaved a little slack with regards to the VCI, and some of us feel a little dissilusioned.

Quote Originally Posted by dillinger23 View Post
    DJTT is a business at the end of the day, but there is a feeling that the baby is being thrown out with the bathwater by abandoning the VCI, and also DJTT was built on the promise of constant updates and fresh overlays for the VCI and many many machines (particularly SEs) were sold on that basis. All that aside Flashflooder is a GOD DAMN ROCKSTAR !!!! for keeping on with the support for the old lady. His efforts are VERY much appreciated by all of us, and he deserves more recognition than he gets......
    .... but DJTT as an entity has kinda behaved a little slack with regards to the VCI, and some of us feel a little dissilusioned.
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by dillinger23 View Post
    +1 gotta agree on that one
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Noone here got a good template? So i can edit it by myself and print a custom overlay
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

Tech Wizard

If you make an overlay I'll buy a VCI-100se with it.

I was hoping to have more concrete news by now, but all I can say is that I fully expect an official overlay for the v4 mapping to still happen, it is just taking much longer than hoped (sorry again) due to all of the other projects we have going on at DJTT (and the fact that most of my VCI work has been on off hours). I will be sure to update you guys once I have a firm date (which will hopefully be soon).
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast