A few traktor mapping questions
    Tech Wizard

Default A few traktor mapping questions

I am using a VCI-100 FW1.3 with the 2.5 tsi mapping, but i wan't to change a few things:

1. How can i change the pause and play buttons to 1 play/pause button and one button to or set cue point or jump at latest cue point, just like it actually is in traktor. I don't like how it is mapped in the 2.5 tsi.

2. How can i change the FX that are used for EQ FX?

3. If i look at the mapping via traktor settings > controller manager. I can see some things are mapped double and are set as button in and button out or something like that. What does that mean?

Tech Guru

one hint to find out where things are in the mapping is to simply create a new mapping for something (doesnt matter what, but at best something totally obscure that you will surely find later on) and use midi learn to assign it to the button you want to modify. then sort by the assignment midi note. delete the new mapping, adjust the button you want to modify. done.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

With regards to question 1 - When the track is playing the play button that is mapped will jump back to the latest cue and instantly play. Also you can drop a cue with one of the buttons along the bottom to thing its the second one along labelled "Drop"
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

3: what you're talking about are probably command functions for leds.

just do it as lsmith stated.. if you need the midi notes look 'em up here:
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

Yes i will do that, thanks for the tip Ismith, and the midi notes.

@MysteryMoleyMole
    I know what the buttons do but i just want Play/Pause, Cue and CUP just like in traktor. I prefer that so u can start with playing by cue and if it is good u can hold it and then press play so it keeps on playing (like in the cdj-800).

EDIT:

So i got the Play/Pause working how i want it, set it to toggle so it will toggle play or pause. Now i want the LED of the play buttons to toggle with it, so the LED is blue when it is playing, and it is normal yellow when it's paused. How should i map that?
    Last edited by patjuh90; 01-19-2010 at 02:44 PM. Reason: adding something