VCI-100 NE Poll - Page 2

View Poll Results: Would You want a Nintendo Overlay for your VCI-100?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I would like one with the VCi-100 SE Labels

22 51.16%
  • Yes! I would like one with the OEM labels

1 2.33%
  • No thanks- I want to wait for the black SE Overlays

22 51.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VCI-100 NE Poll

Hey JesC,

I have reworked your input and the input of Luigislaperig into v7 of the Illustrator Design and sent it off to Ean again.
    Let's see what he thinks.

Here's a bad export of the illustrator file because a picture... LoLz

Cheers,

the other Ryan called Leslie.
    Last edited by tekki; 09-03-2008 at 03:54 PM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Is the fader green or brown? I get that sometimes when when using photoshop when i save files as a .tiff
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Well it is the green/brown tone sampled directly of a picture from a NES controller.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by barf View Post
    I want one without labels and with DIY label-stickers!

More DIY !!
    I agree...

What if you just start making blank generic overlays in basic color combos (i.e. Black / Grey... White... Black / Red... etc... ? If it's like the Rane TTM-56 mixer surface that'd be great since the paint won't scratch off...

Perhaps some hash marks for the volume faders?

I don't care much for the Nintendo theme... I just think a generic overlay with no labels at all would be useful... That way, people who use the VCI for other applications or have their own custom tks file can simply get their own peel off labels and label the controls themselves... (I realize it looks a little janky with your own tiny stickers on it, but I've seen many many pieces of hardware in studios that have hand written labels on them reminding the user what button does what.)

Or... How about manufacturing a clear overlay that protects the current surface from scratches and allows the user to sandwich in a paper or thin cardboard overlay labelled with their own custom control assignments? Kinda like how some denon CDJs allow the user to customize the jog wheels?
    Last edited by thebeatworx; 09-03-2008 at 06:16 PM.

Default Nintendo VCI

just a quick photoshop mock-up.

hope i dont step on anyones toes.

-screwtape

Quote Originally Posted by thebeatworx View Post
    I agree...

What if you just start making blank generic overlays in basic color combos (i.e. Black / Grey... White... Black / Red... etc... ? If it's like the Rane TTM-56 mixer surface that'd be great since the paint won't scratch off...

Perhaps some hash marks for the volume faders?

I don't care much for the Nintendo theme... I just think a generic overlay with no labels at all would be useful... That way, people who use the VCI for other applications or have their own custom tks file can simply get their own peel off labels and label the controls themselves... (I realize it looks a little janky with your own tiny stickers on it, but I've seen many many pieces of hardware in studios that have hand written labels on them reminding the user what button does what.)

Or... How about manufacturing a clear overlay that protects the current surface from scratches and allows the user to sandwich in a paper or thin cardboard overlay labelled with their own custom control assignments? Kinda like how some denon CDJs allow the user to customize the jog wheels?

Those are some great ideas- I like the idea of a blank one that perhaps has some white boxes left for writing in your functions.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    just a quick photoshop mock-up.

hope i dont step on anyones toes.

-screwtape
    Thanks for the contribution! My only concern is that this version looks less like the NES and more like the mix vibes version of the vci-100. Its very clean though and a good design but not quite what I was looking for.

would this special edition have the special edition volume knobs?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

For Screwtapes, I'd say change those dark grays to black, change the fonts to white and it would be amazing. If you wanted to keep the reds then I'd say highlight the pots and faders in red instead of white. I think that would keep the feel.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

The jogs would look cool with a fireball mario shooting his fireballs that are bouncing around the outside of the jogs - there would be no second guessing what its supposed to be then. I dunno how legal that would be though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast