changing octaves = 'switch' ?
    Tech Wizard

Default changing octaves = 'switch' ?

hey!
    just a quick question.
    i mapped my remote sl25 mk2 to traktor and i was wondering if i change the octave, that means i can map new stuff in new octave or no?
    sorry for that question, but i won't be able to check it myself for a few days
    but i could use that time thinking what to do with spare keys

Quote Originally Posted by aout6 View Post
    hey!
    just a quick question.
    i mapped my remote sl25 mk2 to traktor and i was wondering if i change the octave, that means i can map new stuff in new octave or no?
    Yeap, you can do this
    mintek on mixcloud | http://www.mixcloud.com/mintek/
    xone:92 | 2 x Kontrol X1 | 2 x cdj1000 mkII | pdx-2300 mkII pro | rp-dj 1200 | audio 8 dj | tsp 2.0.1 | live 8 suite | logic pro 9 | komplete 5

Beat me to it^^

I guess that the octave change swithes the device to the a different channel or assigns a new note to the key?
    Last edited by space monkey; 11-09-2009 at 01:07 PM. Reason: al righty

I think you can, 'cause the message sent is different from one note to another...
    mintek on mixcloud | http://www.mixcloud.com/mintek/
    xone:92 | 2 x Kontrol X1 | 2 x cdj1000 mkII | pdx-2300 mkII pro | rp-dj 1200 | audio 8 dj | tsp 2.0.1 | live 8 suite | logic pro 9 | komplete 5

Thanks for clarifying. I'm watching a lot of these controller threads as i'm looking into getting Live sometime soon. aout6, your name is the same as my birthday...in French or Québécois . Nice controller BTW

Tech Guru

I have a Oxygen 8 V2 and it changes the keys if you change the Octave

Just carry out about the last key to the right, its a C note from the third octave, Ch1.Note.C5

At the oxy we start at a zero octave that is referenced by Ch1.Note. C3,D3,E3,F3,G3,H3,A3,B3

We can change the octaves from -2 to 5(I think).

A diagram is attached below, the last key is the C note from the next octave.

Tech Guru

Also check my post at the Oficial Oxygen Mapping for some mapping tips for noobs (like me )
    http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8053

Tech Wizard

v-hoff: great news, thanks! i will try something more interesting then when i get a chance. though still feeling unsure about djing with midi keyboard after vci-100. new world! exciting

space monkey: yeah i know, i named myself after MY birthday hahahahahahaha

Tech Guru

check out belchmen youtube channel for videos with new ideas, he's a Oxy user and he had a map before Ean released the Official DJTT's Oxygen Map