LED hangs

Thread: LED hangs

Default LED hangs

Traktor pro 2.6.8
    Denon MC-6000 MK2
    Novation Launchpad S

Issue has arisen lately. I remapped 16 LP LED's to signify track position (8 for deck 1&2 respectively) so when the track reaches 30 sec from the end, 3 of these LED's on each side turn red to highlight this.
    The track positions are mapped to go to the end, but when the track end warning appears, it overrides the track position LED, as I wanted, but sometimes the LED's hang, which also hangs the Denon LED's too.
    Seems to have happened since I remapped this feature, so I'll probably revert this when I get the time.

If I unplug the LP and reconnect, the LED's sort themselves out on LP, but the Denon LED's stay in their current state until I load another track.

The query is this,
    Has anyone ever experienced this?
    Is Traktor causing this when it tries to send 2 Outbound LED commands to the same LED on the same device?
    Anyone know the reason this could crash the LED's on the Denon Unit too?
    OR is this a power issue?
    6K is in a USB 2
    LP is in a USB 3
    My powered hub won't work with the LP.
    It has worked fine up to the remap, I figure that's part of the problem.

It's not a 'how do I fix it' it's a 'why is this happening?'

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Is controller range set 1-1?

No mate, the range wasn't 1-1, the LED's were 0-1 for track end, that switched when hhe track end initiated. To eradicate the overlap, I made few changes to the map, and just have 1 LED going red at the last part of the position range (0.825 - 1 position) instead of track end LED feedback. It seems to pretty much do the same thing, just not at 30 sec, but at the last 8th of the track instead. There's no overlapping commands now, and it seems to be fine..
    I ran it for a while this morning, just having a jam with some trance tunes. So far, so good

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Sounds like you have a workaround going somewhat, but after messing around with the LED calls from Traktor a lot recently, I'm guessing you had some conflicting LED commands being sent at the same time, or the Controller Range doesn't want to work correctly with your hardware. I'm not sure it will work in your specific situation, but I know similar situations I faced required multiple Conditional commands to turn the LEDs on, off, etc. which Traktor seems to handle better. Sometimes the On/Off Controller Range works for basic things, but beyond that it can return strange lighting behavior.