midi fighter with ma lighting ( with a lighting desk )

Default midi fighter with ma lighting ( with a lighting desk )

hi there. i'm trying to have one of these midi fighter to control executors ( playbacks ) into this lighting desk from ma. i've been trying a few different maps i've found on the website, all designed to work with dj softwares really. all i'm doing in the desk is assigning a midi note to a function or a command. easy. but how can i edit a map for the fighter? all i need is note 1 to 16 on the first page and then ideally move to the second page for 17 and so on for four times. the page buttons, the white buttons at the bottom do work fine. but i can not have the round buttons to work the same way. any idea? would you know were i could find a map to do this, or material about how to edit a mapping for the fighter? thank you for your help. M

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hi,
    I assume that you're talking about the Midifighter Spectra?
    The button notes in the Spectra or 3D can't be reconfigured via the MF Utility but you could use a midi translator software such as the Bome Midi Translator to create different configuration for the buttons.

However the Twister midi notes can be reassigned by using the Utility.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Pretty much what Stewe said but in the case of the 3D the bank functionality can only be controlled by the bank buttons (the white rectangular ones on the top), you can't assign this to the side buttons. Both the Spectra and 3D have fixed note values so you'll have to edit them in your software of choice or use a translator.

Thanks. It's a fighter 3D I've bought yes. I'll look into that bome translator. I don't really know much about what it is or it does, but I'll find out. Padi when you say I can not change the notes of a fighter, how could I find out what those notes actually are? Is there like a default map? Maybe I don't need to change the buttons on the fighter, I just need to know which notes to assign to the executors on the desk. Does it make sense? Thanks again.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Here is the quick overview of the midi note implementation chart:

The full documentation can be found in the MF 3D User Guide.