Feedback on Giant PL-1 Remapping
    Tech Wizard

Default Feedback on Large MM-1 PL-1 Remapping

Hey all, I'm wrapping up a fairly large MM-1 and PL-1 mapping right now, figured I'd ask around for any opinions on how the thing works and basically do a beta test for anyone that might be interested. It's kind of an extension on the original mapping and should just drop straight in. Some things are changed around, but it's really meant to be used like any standard midi deck controller. No instant gratification effects, particularly unusual or specific layouts, just more of a monster sized extension on the original mapping. Adds a bunch of usability enhancements for me, like looping, flux and freeze mode, seek, tempo range adjust, basic cue play return to start, and instant doubling, among other things.

Here's the link:
    https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/5298

edit: I will try to get up a video tomorrow explaining it, kind of a wall of text on that mapping page :S
    edit: Video is live!
    edit: I got tired of using decks B and D. v0.5.0 is out, and includes all four decks. We are full featured with this release. Still kind of a beta test, I do not guarantee absolute stability, but it should be decently stable.

If you want to dig through it, the mapping file is admittedly massive for the PL-1. I combined two PL-1's into one mapping to try to save space (the last time I had 6 mapping pages loaded Traktor became slow to load into config; that got annoying). The logic should be fairly self explanatory, just convoluted because I had to salvage as much as I could with 4 modifiers per deck. Willing to talk through how certain features get enabled.
    (In brief, M1 is Scratch, M2 is Tap (includes effectively 4 possible "layers", more like 3), M3 is kind of Loop State, and M4 is recycled as Delete Hotcue or Lock button states).
    Last edited by ablahblah; 12-29-2015 at 12:17 AM.

Tech Wizard

Bumping, video is up if you want to avoid the wall of text!