Lets Talk Business - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nas525 View Post
    Thanks for the scenario really does help give a feel for everything. I would expect a lot of times to be slow especially on Wednesday nights.
    We've hit capacity a few times, it really comes with booking the right DJs.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    We've hit capacity a few times, it really comes with booking the right DJs.
    What the max capacity? I`ve read that the bar has a coverage charge to get onto the dance floor. Something small like $3

What the max capacity? I`ve read that the bar has a coverage charge to get onto the dance floor. Something small like $3
    No there is no cover at our party, and the sign says capacity is like around 100 give or take a couple I can't remember exactly.

We may charge cover for future shows depending on the bookings.. Local acts there's never cover but a regional/national booking may charge a small fee like 3-5 bucks. MAYBE.

No there is no cover at our party, and the sign says capacity is like around 100 give or take a couple I can't remember exactly.

We may charge cover for future shows depending on the bookings.. Local acts there's never cover but a regional/national booking may charge a small fee like 3-5 bucks. MAYBE.
    how much would they charge if i came and played

Tech Wizard

Do a lot of places in Chicago have a cover charge? or is money made strictly off the sales?

Do a lot of places in Chicago have a cover charge? or is money made strictly off the sales?
    depends on the host... some do free shows others do not, traditional clubs want people to pay for tickets and get drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    how much would they charge if i came and played
    I would have to pay people to enter then

Another thought.. It's worth beng annoying and trying to get email addresses off of drunk people who are outside in he smoking area. I've been back to a certain night a couple of times off the back of mailing list stuff telling me when and where their next event was being held.

It worked on me at least. Just don't be too annoying about it.
    SC - WS

Quote Originally Posted by daviedavedave View Post
    Another thought.. It's worth beng annoying and trying to get email addresses off of drunk people who are outside in he smoking area. I've been back to a certain night a couple of times off the back of mailing list stuff telling me when and where their next event was being held.

It worked on me at least. Just don't be too annoying about it.
    I use Mailchimp connected to my wordpress RSS. on the 5th of every month my emails get auto sent out.

Collecting emails could work. clubs do it all the time, I would setup a wordpress site (any theme could work i guess) slap on some logo and promote your events. the method i mentioned above works quite well and does not have to be edited once setup

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    I use Mailchimp connected to my wordpress RSS. on the 5th of every month my emails get auto sent out.

Collecting emails could work. clubs do it all the time, I would setup a wordpress site (any theme could work i guess) slap on some logo and promote your events. the method i mentioned above works quite well and does not have to be edited once setup
    I think collecting email addresses only really works if you've got the gift of the gab or are a good looking girl
    SC - WS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast