What do you think? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Stazbumpa View Post
    I like the idea of the unit but I agree with this. Tactile control and feedback is essential, give us buttons and knobs.
    Lots of them.
    Well, i thought it would be cool to also have the touch controls... in case a controller fails. But anyway I can't argue with any of you, you all have a good point I was just "dreaming" (kind of)

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

So yesterday I was thinking of all the problems I had with pcs/macs/tablets (not just in djing) and then the idea of a dedicated pc/hardware for the dj came to my mind... Why?
    Most people don't actually have that many issues with computers, unless there is actually something wrong with software installation or OS. Hardware is actually very rarely the problem.

I think you need to come up with a compelling reason why your computer would be any more reliable than a $1500 custom built gamer laptop.

Basically it sounds like you want a black box computer that will run just about any audio app that you throw at it ?

And basically its just a High Spec computer with a ton of screens that cannot be utilized in an efficient manner by any current software ... hmm ?

And then have Traktor (in your drawing) running in a way that it is not designed to run, so your hardware is now useless in that configuration unless you can convince NI / Ableton etc that your unit is worth re-designing their interface for ... hmm ?

And then there's the reliability question. I don't think there will be any reliability gains over this than using a decent spec Macbook, Custom built PC, or Laptop.

Ask yourself, in the real world, on a half decent machine, how often has your equipment crashed? I don't know about anyone else, but I use to have more problems with records and CD's skipping than I have ever had with laptops or software crashing.

Sorry to say, I think you are trying to create a solution to a problem that really doesn't exist.... and a big box that is going to be more difficult to fit in the DJ box too.

Remember this ridiculously expensive monstrosity from a few years back that was being touted as THE dj laptop ?

It wasnt "actually" any more reliable than anything else, was impossible to place in many DJ booths, and there was still issues with software working correctly, despite it being "designed" to work as an audio workhorse.

Last edited by deevey; 05-25-2015 at 09:56 AM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Most people don't actually have that many issues with computers, unless there is actually something wrong with software installation or OS. Hardware is actually very rarely the problem.

I think you need to come up with a compelling reason why your computer would be any more reliable than a $1500 custom built gamer laptop.

Basically it sounds like you want a black box computer that will run just about any audio app that you throw at it ?

And basically its just a High Spec computer with a ton of screens that cannot be utilized in an efficient manner by any current software ... hmm ?

And then have Traktor (in your drawing) running in a way that it is not designed to run, so your hardware is now useless in that configuration unless you can convince NI / Ableton etc that your unit is worth re-designing their interface for ... hmm ?

And then there's the reliability question. I don't think there will be any reliability gains over this than using a decent spec Macbook, Custom built PC, or Laptop.

Ask yourself, in the real world, on a half decent machine, how often has your equipment crashed? I don't know about anyone else, but I use to have more problems with records and CD's skipping than I have ever had with laptops or software crashing.

Sorry to say, I think you are trying to create a solution to a problem that really doesn't exist.... and a big box that is going to be more difficult to fit in the DJ box too.

Remember this ridiculously expensive monstrosity from a few years back that was being touted as THE dj laptop ?

It wasnt "actually" any more reliable than anything else, was impossible to place in many DJ booths, and there was still issues with software working correctly, despite it being "designed" to work as an audio workhorse.

Hey I was just having fun for an afternoon, not pretending anything at all... anyway that laptop is horrible

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12