Hi All,

I've been having some serious issues with these controllers, not managing once to get a midi signal from them during the some 7 years I owned these. I can't help but think there must be some solution to it, having opened them up shows a perfectly intact pcb, and I can't give it a rest until I found is some valid explanation for their misbehaving. I have been using other Midi controllers successfully, so right now I am pretty confident this is no longer to blame on me.

I sent techsupport@eks.fi a message a while back, but never got a response. I checked their website today and spotted a new driver pack, enabling their controllers for Windows 8, but still appearing not to work with my specimens. I had this same issue on both Vista and now Win7.

Hello,

I have owned two XP10 controllers for about 5 years now, I bought them second hand and have never been able to get any midi signal from the controllers, despite them working fine with the older Bison software (up to 0.944, not 1.0).

I always felt it was my error of not getting it to work, but considering I have tried it maaaany ways by now, I'm wondering wether the previous owner might have either:
1) sold me some demo/review models that had no proper midi controller onboard yet?
2) somehow killed the midi circuit in the controllers (possibly some software trick?)

In case of scenario 1), is there a way for me to check these are pre-production models? If so, would you be able to tell from the serial numbers?
They are:
#1006544683 - v1.14.16.05-20
#100605821C - v1.14.16.05-34.

In case of scenario 2), is there any way alter the state of the controllers?

Taking you through the steps I've taken (on XP, Vista and 7 - using Bison, Traktor 1.2.7 and Traktor 2.6):
Bison 0.944 recognizes controllers, works.
Bison 1.0 (latest) doesn't recognize controllers.

For usage with Traktor:
Installed EKS driver pack.
Asio driver works - sound works
Midi driver - EKS Midi Agent recognizes both controllers (showing even the correct serial numbers).

I select Generic mapping in the EKS Midi Configuration, I check whether the mapping isn't empty by going into 'edit mode', verify and close without saving.
In both Traktor 1 and 2: the EKS Midi driver is recognized, but no midi signal is received (=midi learn doesnt work, manually configuring notes has no effect).

Whenever selecting Traktor Mappings and loading a prefabricated .tsi file, still no result.

I'm hoping you can help me out, because it wasn't a cheap product back then, and the products have never worked the way they should.
There is no faulting EKS if the previous owner was the one to blame for these bad products, and the product is of course EOL, but your support would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
I did try a powered USB hub, I tried multiple systems, asked someone at the music store to try them for me, but he also couldn't catch any midi signal coming from the (virtual) "EKS XP-Series Midi Driver" (device manager).

Has anyone here got any clue? I noticed the XP10's have been rather popular on these forums, so I imagine someone might have an explanation?

Furthermore, if someone had access to any of the old (pre 2011) eks_driver_pack's (-no longer accessible through the eks.fi site), I would love to give those a shot; I'm out of other options.

Any help would be majorly appreciated!