The improvised DJ/production desk thread - Page 35
Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

How do people see your face past that gian tmonitor?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Student

Nobody wants to see my face ...

No, most time I'm alone in my room. Weekends with friends my homies use the Barstools (I've got three) and the chikks are talking (as always) on the Couch

Tech Convert

Would any one how to put a linnmon table top on a expedit bookcase I was thinking of bolting it down but I know the bolts won't be Flyaway with the talbe any ideas

I used 4" screws with no problems. Come in about an inch from the edge of the tabletop.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Blkdragon View Post
    I had been searching for a proper setup for both production and Djing, without breaking the bank...nothing out there seemed to fit my needs, until 2 months ago I stumbled onto this thread. Inspiration was instant and came up with this, just completed today.
    Love that. That's definitely the one thing I've noticed with the expedit mods everyone has been doing, because of the shelves you can't stand close enough so I like what you've done with the addition of a shelf inbetween.

Could you tell me what your speakers are sat on and how you affixed them to the poles?

Quote Originally Posted by djbonzaii View Post
    Thats my work

GoogleDriveFolder
    nice.

how long did that take? nice touch with the lights. i hope those are ecofriendly and have some kind of diffuser.
    i wouldn't mind seeing what that little monitor does.

Tech Student

Thank you

The complete room took one week. That includes painting the room, lay the laminate, construct my base
    And I had flu with fever on by birthday during the process of work. That was terrible, but I planed the room about 5 weeks before I could start. Good planning is the half work

The little Monitor is only for looking TV

After spending months oogling everybody's set-ups on this forum I finally decided to make one for myself. So I spent today putting together this unit from various IKEA parts, I'm really happy with the outcome.

The only bits that aren't from IKEA are the pieces of oak I used as spacers beween the three levels.

As this is in my bedroom, it also doubles as a home entertainment system with my tv, xbox 360 and turntable (which is for listening purposes only, not DJing) all hooked up through my DJM800.

It's the perfect width for my CDJ1000s, DJM800, X1 and turntable. I have my Audio 6 and an external harddrive hidden under the speaker shelf with the USB cables coming through a hole to connect to my Macbook.

Macbook Pro 13" 2.7ghz i7 8GB - TSP 2.6 - NI Audio 6 - 2 x Pioneer CDJ1000mk3 - Pioneer DJM800 - NI Kontrol X1 - AIAIAI TMA-1

^ looks a tad crowded. other than that, nice setup.

what's with everyone putting their setups against the wall? i would want to have mine facing the room like djbonzaii and i'd want the speakers on the other side of the room so i could get the full effect of the sound. that's just me.

A lot of people just don't have the room.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution