Kontrol F1 LED mapping questions. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Only in midi though.
    In midi mode in Traktor you can pick any colour/brightness for the pads..

I think the op is trying to alter the default nhl map by the looks of things.
    I didn't see where he said anything about that, but if so, yeah, I have no idea.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

This is done with NHL in the controller manager. When you add the out instead of learn use the drop down to select the pad. From there you can select the color of the pad.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    This is done with NHL in the controller manager. When you add the out instead of learn use the drop down to select the pad. From there you can select the color of the pad.
    Really?
    I can't find the option for nhl anywhere, just midi, what am I missing?
    SC | MC

In the add controller drop down in controller manager do Traktor>Kontrol F1>User
    Chris Jennings FHP

Yeah, but that's midi mode not nhl, you swap between them using shift/browse.
    The op can't select the colours and the only way it is like that is when you overwrite a default command in the default nhl map.
    SC | MC

No it's not. I just disabled the default F1 mapping by putting none in the default in/out ports, mapped a button on the F1, made it green and it worked without me switching it into midi mode.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Yeah but if you now press shift/browse it will toggle between the default map and your new user one.
    The user ones are all in midi afaik.
    SC | MC

From section 5.1.4 of the F1 manual.

The default mode of the F1 when pressing SHIFT + BROWSE (MIDI) with TRAKTOR connected uses the high-resolution, high-speed NHL protocol, offering a great deal of interactivity and "playability" specifically designed for using TRAKTOR's Remix Decks (User Map mode); however, there may be situations where you would like to use the F1 as a MIDI controller for controlling other MIDI-compatible software. In MIDI mode, the F1 will send ordinary MIDI-standard signals.
    You do have to change the preferences in the F1 section to user mode when pressing shift + browse. With the default settings intact this actually activates usermap mode and not midi mode as it's labeled as default. Even then, if you overwrite the stock mapping it's sending NHL and not midi.

On a somewhat related note here's a good insight into the way NI thinks.

When using the F1 with the TRAKTOR software, there is really no need to have it communicate via MIDI. This is why activating MIDI mode with TRAKTOR by default activates an alternative, NHL-based mapping for your F1 (which is also included as a .tsi file).
    Sometimes they're smarter than us, sometimes that smartness makes them dumber than us though. At least they still gave us the option to use midi even if there's no need for it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

lol I should've known better than to question you...
    Them calling it 'midi mode' and only having midi in control editor doesn't help though...

I said to op in my first post you can set colours in user map.
    But he doesn't have option of selecting colours so he must be trying to overwrite a default command in default map.
    SC | MC

I think he's hitting learn and not using the drop down to select the pad. The drop down is where you can select the pad, then the color. Also when done this way it syas with the brightness setting is the F1 preferences which addresses his other problem. Plus NI having that whole midi mode and user mode is confusing. People automatically think they want midi mode when user mode works almost everything we want to do unless we're making super knobs/faders.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12