DJ Retro Blaze's Setup - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by durtyjerzy609 View Post
    im not sure about traktor, bur serato allows you to offset the start of your control vinyl to offset cue burn
    Thanks for the information. It is much appreciated. I have been debating whether or not to purchase a SL4 box and switch to Serato.

I believe Traktor has the offset cue function, but the offset is in intervals of minutes instead of seconds, if I am not mistaken. I wish I could just offset it by 10 or 15 seconds.

seratos offset is by record rotation if i remember correctly, ssl has a setting that allows you to drop to the start of the track or first cue point everytime you drop the needle to the record so i very rarely end up havin my needle at the start of the control tone.... but nice set up homez !
    http://www.soundcloud.com/durtyjerzy609 Numark TTX1's, Rane TTM57SL, SSL, Novation Dicers, Abelton Live 8, Akai APC 20, Akai MPD18, Alesis M1 520's
    I'm all that and then some, tall dark and handsome

If you're spinning in relative mode then cue offset is irrelevant. Nice setup btw. I'd love to get my hands on an RMX - they look like a lot of fun.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Retro Blaze View Post
    I wish Novation provided higher pads under the Dicers to prevent depression on the start/stop button, at the rear of the turntable, for non-Technic turntables.
    I ve got the St150s too. Was in a dilemma Dicers vs Kontrol X1. Ended up getting the X1 cos I didn't know where to fit the dicers. I use Scratch Live too.

Read and Saw a picture somewhere about novation providing something to stick the dicers down on for non-technics TTs.

I saw a picture of a guys set up and he removed the 2nd play/pause button.

The dicers come with "dj putty" so u can stick the dicers to any surface. The 45 adaptor for Tech 1200 is removable. I have Numark TTX1 and the dicers fit fine with the putty and dont move even under hard button mashin sessions
    http://www.soundcloud.com/durtyjerzy609 Numark TTX1's, Rane TTM57SL, SSL, Novation Dicers, Abelton Live 8, Akai APC 20, Akai MPD18, Alesis M1 520's

Tech Wizard

Unfortunately, when I purchased my dicers, the putty was not included. Since I ordered it online, I did not bother to send them back.

If I am not mistaken, the substance is wall putty and can be purchased at a hardware store. I will probably give it try.

Thanks for the feedback, dj_marv and dirtyjerzy.

Update:
    I purchased some DAP BLUESTIK Reusable Adhesive Putty today, and the dicers are now properly placed on my turntables.
    Last edited by DJ Retro Blaze; 07-21-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Tech Convert

Nice setup

How do you like your RMX 1000?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by pmf2000 View Post
    Nice setup

How do you like your RMX 1000?

Thanks for the feedback.

I love RMX-1000! It far more interesting than I anticipated, and I now understand why Pioneer labeled it as a remix station instead of an effect unit. A user can truly alter a track with it, and the controls are very intuitive. I can definitely see myself adding more flare to my DJ sets, in the future, with the RMX-1000.

I was offered a very good price for the unit, but I was unsure, at the time, whether or not it was worth the expense. Nevertheless, I decided to give it try. At this time, I would say I am more than pleased with the purchase.
    Last edited by DJ Retro Blaze; 07-23-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Retro Blaze View Post
    Unfortunately, when I purchased my dicers, the putty was not included. Since I ordered it online, I did not bother to send them back.

If I am not mistaken, the substance is wall putty and can be purchased at a hardware store. I will probably give it try.

Thanks for the feedback, dj_marv and dirtyjerzy.

Update:
    I purchased some DAP BLUESTIK Reusable Adhesive Putty today, and the dicers are now properly placed on my turntables.
    well done, i hope you like the placement alot better and that it works for you. tbh i was scared that the putty woulddnt last but almost 8 months on and its great even after being taken off re molded re fixed re whatevered

Tech Wizard

Nice setup. I've had my RMX1000 for about 2 months now and I'm starting to play out at gigs with it already. I'm getting a lot of good feed back with it and other DJs are like what the hell is that. Check out my setup http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...l=1#post500885

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12