2 Traktor Questions......

Default 2 Traktor Questions......

I have my first gig using Traktor tomorrow night and still have a couple of issues I need to sort out before then.

1.) How do I download a song from iTunes and add it to Traktor on the fly without having to close out the program? I need to be able to accept all requests, even for songs I don't currently own.....

2.) How do I rerun the Traktor installer? After failing to attempt to upgrade to Traktor 2.5 I started seeing this message whenever I start up the Traktor software: "Could not read the default settings file for audio configuration. Please rerun the installer!"

Please help! Thanks in advance everyone....

-Audio Outlaw
    Macbook Pro / Kontrol S2 / Monster Beats

Tech Mentor

1) there is a section on the right side where all your tracks are located. Once you set up the "UNC" to direct it to the ITUNES folder any music you add there will be updated. Sometimes you might have to navigate away from that folder and reselect to see the update track listing.

2) Either re-run the .exe installer that should be loacted on your desktop or just go to options and make sure the conf file is in the correct directory. Just see in the options and the file system should tell you where it's located. Go to that folder if nothing is there do a search cause it's most likely in the backup folder that Traktor made for you so you could roll back just copy and paste that one to the correct directory or select that as the directory. Either way is win!

I'm still very new to Traktor so I am not understanding the directions your giving... Please go into more detail.

1a.) Right side of what? iTunes or Traktor?
    1b.) Set up UNC?

2.) I will give this a try and get back to you on it.

Update:

I figured out how to download a track and update iTunes on the fly. All you have to do is right click iTunes on the Traktor sidebar then select refresh. It updates your iTunes tracklist allowing you to retrieve

As far as rerunning the Traktor installer, that seems like it can wait until after my gig. I dont want to risk it because everything is working right now.