Fade to Grey? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fade to Grey?

Tech Convert

Thanks again. I think serato needs to step it up a notch or two for controlerist. I'm about to switch to traktor.

Traktor won't get you fade to grey either. The issue is that it uses Ableton's Ping Pong Delay……I'm not sure SSL has anything similar. I don't have my SL1 with me, so I don't think I can check on it's effects, but the right chain (without a PP Delay) is LPF -> HPF -> beat-sync'd delay -> an auto-pan with the pan time set the same as the delay time, which IIRC, was about 3/8 of a beat. The knob should lower the LPF cutoff and raise the HPF cutoff so they cross and end up passing silence, while turning up dry/wet on the delay from 0% to 100% and raising the feedback from 0 to about 25 or 30% …ish (give or take, IIRC) and turn the auto-pan 100% dry to 100% wet.

I couldn't exactly duplicate it in Traktor, but it would take 3 FX units to do it (one in chained, two in detailed).

I'm not sure if SSL can do it at all.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Traktor won't get you fade to grey either. The issue is that it uses Ableton's Ping Pong Delay……I'm not sure SSL has anything similar. I don't have my SL1 with me, so I don't think I can check on it's effects, but the right chain (without a PP Delay) is LPF -> HPF -> beat-sync'd delay -> an auto-pan with the pan time set the same as the delay time, which IIRC, was about 3/8 of a beat. The knob should lower the LPF cutoff and raise the HPF cutoff so they cross and end up passing silence, while turning up dry/wet on the delay from 0% to 100% and raising the feedback from 0 to about 25 or 30% …ish (give or take, IIRC) and turn the auto-pan 100% dry to 100% wet.

I couldn't exactly duplicate it in Traktor, but it would take 3 FX units to do it (one in chained, two in detailed).

That seems about right. The best I could do with Serato was combine Lpf with hpf and delay and then manually use the loop roll effect. seems to work allright, but not exact.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post

I thought we nailed it from what I remember, but it was a while ago.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12