LED outputs for nanoKontrol

Default LED outputs for nanoKontrol

I'm currently mapping my new nanoKontrol as a secondary/tertiary to my VCI-100 and nanoPad. With the help of the online community, I feel like I've done a good job getting the functionality I'm looking for in terms of inputs, but I'm struggling with getting my outputs set up...

Let's say I have the top button of "section 1" (if there were 9 sections) in scene 1 (Ch01.CC.023) mapped to an Advanced Effect On/Off, and I want the LED to light up whenever the Effect is On. What would be the appropriate way to map this output?

I'm happy to clarify if necessary.
    Trump

Trance is:"By far the best form of music that exists. A recent study showed that if a population is divided into musical preference, those who claim a strong allegiance to trance have the highest average IQ. Trance is the music of the genius-generation."

Quote Originally Posted by trump View Post
    I'm currently mapping my new nanoKontrol as a secondary/tertiary to my VCI-100 and nanoPad. With the help of the online community, I feel like I've done a good job getting the functionality I'm looking for in terms of inputs, but I'm struggling with getting my outputs set up...

Let's say I have the top button of "section 1" (if there were 9 sections) in scene 1 (Ch01.CC.023) mapped to an Advanced Effect On/Off, and I want the LED to light up whenever the Effect is On. What would be the appropriate way to map this output?

I'm happy to clarify if necessary.
    The leds on the n/k only light up/off when u press them. U can't control them with midi....
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Well, I guess that's the simplest "solution" I could ask for... Thanks!
    Trump

Trance is:"By far the best form of music that exists. A recent study showed that if a population is divided into musical preference, those who claim a strong allegiance to trance have the highest average IQ. Trance is the music of the genius-generation."

Banned

Sucks, I know. But you can open up the Korg editor and set it so that one press of the button turns the LED on and the next press of the button turns it off. But if you're looking for the software you control the LEDs based on what's on the screen you're shit out of luck mate

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    Sucks, I know. But you can open up the Korg editor and set it so that one press of the button turns the LED on and the next press of the button turns it off. But if you're looking for the software you control the LEDs based on what's on the screen you're shit out of luck mate
    Im trying to set this up, is it the 'Button Behavior' function? as it works in scene 4 but the only thing thats different is the button behavior is on toggle not momentary.

cheers.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by charo View Post
    The leds on the n/k only light up/off when u press them. U can't control them with midi....
    This is actually incorrect. I've not yet found out to control them via MIDI, but if iLife GarageBand '11, the Solo/Mute/Record buttons are in sync with whatever's on the screen.

When looking into this, I've just seen people saying it isn't possible (I guess it wasn't on nanoKontrol 1 at least) - but if you've got GarageBand, you can see it for yourself. :/

the nanokontrol mk2 supports midi feedback - the mk1 doesn't
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"